Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PIRATA! Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Games does not recognize additional buttons of Logitech MX500 after Windows reinstall
    Hi!
    I have a Logitech MX500 that I use from about 2 years.
    It always worked good and I always used its additional buttons in games.

The problem started when I had to format C: and reinstall Windows.

Now games like Half-Life 2 or SeriousSam 2 does not recognize my additional buttons any more.
    Only the game F.E.A.R. does, so I don't think the problem is related to the games.

I think could depend to the mouse drivers.

I have to say that in the beginning, right after Windows installation, the first mouse drivers I installed wheren't the MouseWare drivers for MX500.
    I installed instead the SetPoint drivers thinking that they were the new Logitech drivers for my mouse.

After this, I realized that those drivers were right, so I uninstalled them and then installed the last MouseWare drivers.

From there up to now, the only game where I can use those additional buttons is F.E.A.R.
    In Windows I have full control.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the MouseWare again, but I had no success.

PLEASE help me find how to let those buttons available in gamse WITHOUT having to assign them to some keyboard letters because I want to use them as I did before formatting.
    If they worked good before, they must work good even now.

Thank you to all.
    PIRATA! Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
    I found that is something related to the EM_EXEC.EXE

I found a little application called LogiGamer (http://www.logigamer.com/) that can restart the mouse driver loading profiles, so I used for some tests with the default Logitech profile.

If I LAUNCH and USE your LogiGamer executing the profile & restarting the driver WHILE the game is running, those mouse buttons start to work.

If I do the same BEFORE launching the game, those buttons won't work, EVEN if I leave LogiGamer up & running and launching the game on it.

It works if I restart the drive while the game is already up & running.
    Why before formatting this mouse worked good??

What could it be??
    I reinstalled the MouseWare after having uninstalled every Logitech driver follwing the automatic and manual uninstallation method on the Logitech website.

Please HELP!
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dishwasher buttons not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Whirlpool undercounter dishwasher model number DUL300XTKQ that I purchased in July of 2002. About a month ago, the "Normal' wash button stopped working or responding to being pushed. Soon after, the 'pots& pans' stopped as well. Sometimes, I will check and the pots and Pans will...

Can't reinstall Windows 98 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I formatted my hard drive and tried to reinstall Windows 98 on my laptop. When I attempt to reinstall it says that it can't continue because there is a previous install still on the computer. I think the info might have gone onto my D drive and I don't know how to do a complete cleaning of...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Games Hang with Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

I'm at the end of my rope here!  ?? I've got a MSI-6585 mainboard with the SiS648 chipset and a 2.4-P4.  I have a 60gb drive thats's maybe a third full and 512 ram.  I use a Radeon 9700 Pro and just about everything that uses graphics is locking up my system.  This has been constant for a...

View more questions Search