Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhedab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Laptop dvd to PC
    Is it possible to use the DVD on my laptop to install software on my PC?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Not in any sort of simple way. Over a network, it is conceivable to share any device, but that's a pretty sophisticated endeavor, I wouldn't think you'd get it working without a LOT more hassle than it's worth. After all, a DVD writer can be purchases online for $30

Search Results for dvd writer at TigerDirect.com

And installing a DVD drive is cake, something anyone who is comfortable with a screwdriver can really do, really.
    rhedab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. That was what I needed to know.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
    If you decide to grab a cheap DvD writer and install it, come back here, we'll answer any questions to help you through it. It is way easier than you'd think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

My laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I forgot my password how do I recover it:confused:

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Laptop cd-rw [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my cd-rw rom to work, it says D:\ is not accessible, Device is not ready. My bios is picking it up its in my computer, device manager is seeing it no problems. I'm using win 98 and I want to put in xp pro but have to get this cd rom to work first so I can use the xp disk. A virus scan...

Best Laptop for... [ 3 Answers ]

I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be...

View more questions Search