Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yscleader Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Being A Music Producer
    I want to be a music but I'm 16. How can I get this started for myself?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 10:52 AM
    You have to have a really good ear for music and know people and musicians.
    You oversee the entire recording production from start to finish, and be in charge of all major decisions, including organize all the musicians and studios as well as all the hired help for the project, and assist the talent with song arrangements and content.
    It is a good idea to have a knowledge of how to do the tracks and dubbing, mixing and all the technical things.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 02:47 AM
    It would help to know what kind of "music producer" that you are talking about in order to answer your question the best here. I "produce" an enormous amount of music. But, I'm not one that schedules events, arranges recording sessions or works to get people hired for certain events, other than the groups which I am presently involved with as a performer and/or director.

Thanks!
    iDish Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jul 31, 2008, 10:51 AM
    You sure know how to pick them. You've managed to choose one of the professions that are not in demand. Meaning no one is looking to hire rookie music producers. It's just not a sought after profession. You're 16. So you will graduate High School in 2 years. What are you going to do afterwards? Are you going straight to work or are you going to college? I recommend college because it gets you a leg up in any industry (including music). But that means you've got to find money in order to go. If you don't go to school then things don't look good. You still have to have money because, in order to start your own business, you have to put your own money into it. And people who already own a business are not going to hire some guy straight out of high school with no training or schooling in the matter of music. No one. No one wants to take a chance on a rookie who has so little. I know I wouldn't. Have you also noticed that good music producers are not young? Yeah, in order to be successful, it's going to take a while. And even then, you still might not make it. You need to really think about whether this profession is really for you. Once you graduate, you have to think about how you are going to feed yourself. If no one gives you a chance, you won't be able to. And in order for people TO take chances on you, you've got to invest in your own future. So what's it going to be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executive Producer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell exactly what an executive producer does?:D

Consumer and producer surplus [ 2 Answers ]

Why the combination of consumer and producer surplus is not maximized if there is either excess supply or demand

View more questions Search