Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wristmaker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:26 AM
    John deere lawn tractor won't start
    Still got the problem with my john deere gt235, it will crank but not start. It smokes and acts like the choke is hanging but the choke is not on. Shoots gass out the spark plug hole if spark plug is removed.It started running for just about 5 minutes then quitting, acts like its flooded. Had problems for a couple weeks now. Just getting worse:( .What do I need to check? Any assistance with this problem would be of help to me.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:19 PM
    How is the oil level? Is the level overfilled? You could be seeping gas past the needle in the carb, flooding the cylinder and crankcase with gas.
    bigjohnd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 02:29 PM
    I had the same problem with my GT235. Sprayed WD40 in carb and it started and I plowed drive. Then changed gas filter and it started and ran fine. I ordered a fuel pump as a back up plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere lawn tractor won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Having problems with my JD GT235 lawn tractor starting, if it does start the when it gets warm it dies. I changed the fuel filter, what can I check next. I did check the fuses and they all appear to be in working order. What next?

John deere 160 lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a john deere 160 lawn tractor that won't start. Was running great. Next time zi went to use it, it wouldn't start. Pulled the plug it didn't look bad but I replaced it anyway. Still no start. Checked and no spark. Bought a new coil still nothing. Gap is good on the plug and the coil. Nothing...

John Deere L110 lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have an L110 lawn tractor that quit working yesterday. I hit a rock while mowing and the belt came off, which caused the blades to quit turning. I reattached the belt, and restarted the mower. When I engaged the blades, the mower sounded like it was straining, so I disengaged the...

John Deere 318 lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering how I can get a wiring diagram for a John Deere 318 lawn tractor? I have found everything on the web except the diagram.

View more questions Search