Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horseshoer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Briggs and stratton 8hp ser#190492
    Good morning: Trying to take off fly wheel to get to points. I have taken them off before, but not on this engine. I've used a puller with 1/4 in bolts, tap with a hammer while doing this, but nothing is moving. I've even used a little heat on the cast. Use oil, drilled the pin out, nothing!! Who ever put this on, must have used a big impact wrench. My guestion is, just how far should I go with this, and if anyone has a answer what to do next. :confused:

Thanks
    Horseshoer
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Be cautious with the hammer, you can cause severe damage. Briggs makes a special tool for pulling the flywheel. You may want to carry it to a shop.
    horseshoer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Thanks: Might have to do that. I haven't gave up yet, but close. No I haven't broke out the sledge hammer ( he he ) just can't understand that it is that tight.
    Also, what if I change it over to solid state ignition, and just leave the fly wheel alone??
    Thanks again
    Horseshoer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Poulan 38" cut rider with a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp engine. It is about 6 or 7 years old and has always ran great and has had regular maintenance (oil change and plugs, kept out of direct weather). It sat in the garage for about 2 months due to illness when my wife decided to...

4.5 briggs & stratton [ 3 Answers ]

My lawn mower starts & revs up and down on a full tank,and when almost empty runs well!

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search