Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ulasad Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Command line is telling that "javac" is no internal or external command
    Hi fellow I have just started java , my operating system is windows vista , I have installed java but when I give "javac" command on command line after writng the code in note pad the command line gives an error that javac is not an internal or exetrnal command... if any 1 can help
    Thanks
    archleader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 10:41 PM

Hi,
    You need to set three environment varibales for that-
    right click on my computer ,select properties-go to advanced tab -environment variables-here you have to set three variable name and there path-
    1:variable name JAVA_HOME value=path up to the place where your jdk is
    2: varable name =classpath value up to your lib folder is
    3:varibale name =path value=path up to the lace you bin folder is
    open a new cmd prompt and type java and java c both will run fine

Enjoy java programming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ping not recognized as internal or external command [ 9 Answers ]

When running cmd C:\Documents and Settings\... \ping I get the following error 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Please help me solve my problem Thanks

Drill Command "Column right (left), MARCH" [ 3 Answers ]

I know most of the drill commands but I am having a little trouble with the "Column right (left), MARCH" command. Can someone help me with how to perform this command? If you can find a video that would be great, video help would be the best.

"My Computer" command in WinXP VERY SLOW [ 7 Answers ]

I have a computer with lots of memory, fast processor, and large hard drive running Windows XP Pro. It is networked with several other computers. It takes at least 30 seconds to respond to the "my computer" command. Any suggestions for troubleshooting or fixing? Thanks

Liberty basic "drawbmp" command is acting up [ 5 Answers ]

I use xp home edition and have liberty basic v.4.03 The code goes like folowing: Loadbmp "bmpname", "bmppath" Graphicbox #window.graphicbox, 5, 5, 447, 511 Open "window" for dialog_popup as #window Print #window.graphicbox "drawbmp bmpname 0 0" <-- error in this line Wait I have...

View more questions Search