Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lou63Pines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
    The problem more than likely is a plastic/nylon piece that attaches to the bottom of the spin tub. It is held in place with a 'C' clip. When you remove the motor you will see that the part is probably broken. You can buy a kit from Sear's for about $25 dollars and P/N 285790 and is called Band and Lining Clutch (Brake lining kit) I only replace the plastic piece if the brake lining looks okay. No sense in possibly causing more problems. Heck of a price for a simple piece of plastic.
    PlatinumMOTO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 02:14 PM
    I have a similar problem it seems my parents Kenmore 110.81821100 (it's old I know) will not drain and the tub will not spin. It does agitate though. When it gets to the part where it should spin and drain it just stops there is no noise no nothing.

What should I do to try to remedy this situation?

All help is aprreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    LyleJF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I have a Kenmore top loading washer that agitated and pumped water, but wouldn't spin although the motor was working. I checked the coupler and it was fine. With visions of expensive transmission repairs, I called the Sears technician. He found my kid's puppet trapped between the drum and the plastic tub surrounding it, which prevented the drum from spinning. He said socks sometimes do that too. One less puppet later, it works fine. Just something to check for. Good luck!
    farmuh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SerTam
    I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work. The agitate cycle works at slow and extra slow speed. I haven't tried the fast speed. Spin does not work at slow or fast speed. It does drain, though. The lid switch does click when opened and closed and stops the draining if opened during draining. The spinning light does light during the spin cycle, but machine doesn't spin. Any ideas of anything we can try to repair ourselves? I'm so tired of wringing out jeans by hand!!! Thanks!!!
    The spin cycle does not work on our Kenmore Elite 3-speed automatic washing machine
    bleach622 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumMOTO
    I have a similar problem it seems my parents Kenmore will not drain and the tub will not spin. It does agitate though. When it gets to the part where it should spin and drain it just stops there is no noise no nothing.
    I have the same problem.
    It agitates fine, but when it gets to the drain/spin part, it just stops. I don't hear the motor or anything. It does not drain either. The dial just stops when it gets to "spin." I have tried all the different "spin" settings on the dial but none of them work.
    It is not overloaded and there is nothing jamming the spindle. Never had any problems with it. It worked fine up until today.

The model # is 110.26712693

Please help. Got lots of wet clothes. Thanks in advance.
    bleach622 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I figured out the answer to my own question. The lid switch was broken, but you couldn't tell just by pushing your finger down in the lid switch through the small hole. I had to feel my hand up between the metal cover of the washing machine and the top of the plastic tub and it was loose. It turns out that the plastic anchor on the switch that the screw screws into detached from the switch itself.
    I wrapped some rubber bands around the switch to hold it while the cycle finished.
    Can someone tell me the model number for the replacement switch I need? If not, I will call Sears or Kenmore and find out myself.
    Thanks! I hope this helps out someone else.
    MamaLaura Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
    I have the same problem w/a Kenmore 110.23032101 washer. My husband and I took it all apart and replace the coupler and put everything back together. However, we are stumped at putting the 'cabinet clips' back on. We cannot get them back in place or we manage to get one on and move to the other side and the first pops off. There has got to be a 'trick'. Please help!
    dirty wash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 03:19 PM
    I have a kenmore front loader model 4174104200 and it is not spinning or drain the water out. I want to try to fix myself. Looking for some help
    waltertnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 05:19 PM

THERE IS A SIMPLER SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. The drum sit on a aluminum support that works like a sheer pin. When loads exceeds machine capacity for too long, the hooks on the aluminum supports breaks leaving the drum loose. If the machine drains, agitates then this is the problem.
    SAMLAB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 01:21 PM
    I have a Kenmore Elite washing mashine Model# 20954994. It fills water and egitates at the same time at starts only. It runs the whple cycle fine as spose to. Please help.
    SAMLAB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 01:22 PM

Kenmore elite fill water and egitate
    cjunkdlr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 08:16 PM
    88% You have a sock stuck between the basket and the tub acting as a brake
    cjunkdlr Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 08:18 PM

88% you have a sock stuck between the basket and the tub acting as a brake

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Will not Drain or Spin [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenomre Elite Washer and the water will not drain or spin. I have check to make sure there are no clogs or anything blocking the drain. I also have removed all the clothes except a few to make sure it is not heavy. When it gets to the part were it shouild drain and spin nothing...

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Kenmore elite top loader will not spin... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite (calypso) Model#110.21062000 that will not move from the rinse cycle into the spin cycle. It will give to different error codes occassionally: 1) "LD" - long drain, 2) "SL" - suds lock. In both cases the unit appears to be draining without any difficulties as observed by the...

Kenmore elite catalyst washer not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Model number 11020072991 Ok, here's where I'm at. I believe it's the drive coupler? I've disconnected the control panel and fliped it back. I remove the brass colored springs holding on the cover and removed the cover after disconnecting the clamps and hoses needed. Now, I'm stuck and don't...

Kenmore Elite Washing Machine overflow [ 0 Answers ]

My washing machine is leaking water from below before it gets to the drain cycle. Is this a water level switch problem and if so where can I find it? I don't believe there were any error codes.

View more questions Search