Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I let a Game ruin Our Relationship. And I want her back.
    Ok , it all started about 3 years ago. I met this stunning girl . At first we were just friends, I wanted her but she saw me as a friend.. after months and months of hanging out with her. I finally popped the question, and we started dating. We had been together for 2 years and have a beautiful 8 month old son. Our relationship was off an on.. seemed like it kind went sour for about 6 months but we stuck around.. I loved her company but never showed the love I felt till she broke up with me. I was addicted to the Game World of Warcraft I played almost everyday and hardly talked with her about anything, ended up staying home instead of going out places with her... I know I ed up, I didn't realize how much I truly need her with me. We broke up 4 days ago.. once she said it was over I cried, and begged for her back saying I would change and I was lost in a virtual world. She said it was to late and we need time apart. She wanted me to move out so she can have her space, and claims she wants to try again later when her head is on straight. But I don't know what to bellevue because she has been hanging out with some guy and says they are just friends... I mean I am on the lease I don't want to move out just so she can A. have the guy come over , B. have someone else live with her... during the days it always gets worse she will come home all why and scare me with child support.. but at night I give her a back massage and sleep in the same bed with her. And Just today I told her I just started dating someone new and was going to go live with them ( just to see how she would react ) well my Ex flipped out saying I am hurting her and that I should leave right away because I am dating so fast... its LIke you left me.. if you really cared about me you would come back to me. Idk sorry this whole paragraphed is clumped thoughts running through my head. I do love her and want her back . I Hate being alone. What do I do.. I would like to know how I can get her back compared to the Move On comments.. thanks
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jul 16, 2008, 10:16 PM
    You need to start by showing how much more important she and your son are to you than that game. Spend more time with them. Save up your money and go out as a family sometimes. Leave the game alone for a while or learn to set a time limit on how long and how often you play. She needs to see the improvement that you have made for herself before and then its up to her, but don't push it.
    acass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Errr well even a better question... what is going on with Her? I mean she gets so upset and angry at me during the day.. but at night its almost all better and she kissed me and laid on my chest. She hasn't slept with the guy she is currently talking to . Is there a way I can speed up the process before I move out on the 25th.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Are you lost in virtual reality right now? Stop it. Help out around your house.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 16, 2008, 10:50 PM

1. Delete your account on World of warcraft.

2. Tell her she does not need you to move out to get space.. it's just an excuse to say "gtfo out of my life... come back WHEN I FEEL LIKE I'M READY"

3. Get her head straightened out with child.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 10:53 PM
    You told her that you're dating someone else after impregnating her and spend time on games. Who wouldn't be irritated?

Show maturity. You are a father now. Keep that in mind. Spend time with your son, ask how she's doing and offer help. I guess she doesn't even get an 8 hour just to take are of your son.
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 17, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Dude try Everquest instead and go on a quest. Just kidding. Get rid of the game for starters and do not accuse her of anything. Do not play mind games. Be honest about how you feel.
    993099142 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 07:06 AM
    That was a BAD IDEA... No girl likes feeling jealous. When you cause her emotional anguish, she will try to severe, whatever feelings she has for you, in order to keep herself from getting hurt. I would say that it's more like you broke up with her. You should be like "listen I'm not with anybody else, I just wanted you to know how i feel when I see you with someone else. It hurts me so much more than it hurts you. I love you more than anything and I'm sorry I took you for granted. We have a son and for his sake I think you should give me another chance." NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 08:57 AM
    You can't pressure her in any way and win. You have to turn the game off when she's home and let her see you putting it away and giving her your attention. You don't really have to stop playing, you just have to stop doing it during "our" time.

You shouldn't be living with her. This creates a scenario where there is no "your" time. She's going to view everything at home as "our" time. This is bad in so many ways. Living together while still dating totally screws up the dynamic that allows singles to work through their issues safely. It totally screws up the process.

If you could, I'd suggest you get your own place and immediately start courting her again. This gives a nice, clean start/stop point to your time together. It's smart.

And to be honest, I think this is the only way to salvage her trust in you. As long as she gets to sit in judgment of you and how you spend your personal freetime, even if it's reasonable, it will work against you unfairly.

Live separately and court her again. That's my top suggestion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Stop being a game playing azz, and start by being honest and attentive to her needs.

This is not rocket science so get your act together, and hope for the best. All a female wants is a good man, so be one.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Very blunt and true Tal. A grown man, letting a video game come between his family obligations. We have a guy in my company that plays that stupid game, and put it this way OP. He's 40 and lives in his parents basement! That should be motivation to GET OFF THE COMPUTER
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jul 18, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Rome, I agree. At school I see plenty of people waste away on that game (fail out, not sleep, skip class). Its disgusting if you ask me..

And to the OP - I think you need to learn how to act maturely first. You are playing games with her. What would you have done if she didn't get upset and said: "Well fine, I've been seeing someone anyway, and hes coming over tonight."? Not a good idea.

Playing these sort of mind games is a sign of immaturity. There isn't much you can do to "win" her back - but if you show her that you are done with your games, and more committed to being a better person (with or without her) she might see that - or it might be too late.

If you had a "stunning" girl, why would you rather spend time in a virtual world??
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 06:01 AM
    BB, anytime I hear people at work talk about that stupid game I think of the South Park episode where the kids have to keep leveling up and they pack on a ton of weight and are just plain lazy.

All the OP can do is show that he is done with the game and see if that changes her mind
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 18, 2008, 06:10 AM
    As for your question about what's wrong with her, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. She has probably been very lonely for a VERY long time. The time you spend on your game when she's home is time she is alone, even though you are in the same house. She is probably so wanting for attention that even though she's mad at you for treating her like a "backup" when you're done with your game, she craves the attention you do give her at night. She she is pissed you're not treating her right, but still wanting that attention so badly she lets you give it to her. She has probably gotten tired of it and now she is turning to other men for companionship since you won't give it to her when you should, only when it's convenient for you. I'm not saying it's right that she do that, but it is your fault for not giving her the time of day. You are not treating her like you should treat the mother of your child. You're probably sitting there thinking none of us know what we're talking about and that she is crazy and you just made a little mistake, but the reality is YOU drove her to what she is doing. I personally would equate it to cheating on her. Whether it's another woman or a game, you are taking away time that should be spent with her to spend it on another (be it woman or game). Honestly, I would probably do the same thing.

You need to ditch the game, as it will get you NOWHERE in life. Sure it's fun, but what will you have to show for it in 5 years? Are you going to tell your grandchildren how you have been married to their grandmother for 30 years, or how you got to *enter number here* level on WOW?

I might get a reddie for this, but I call them as I see them. You seem like a very selfish person. You do what you want to do with no regard for anyone else, and only when she leaves do you expend energy to get her back. Now, instead of taking time to make things right, you want to know the fastest way to get what you want back.

Make a decision. Decide right now whether you value her or WOW more. If it is her, get rid of the game. If it is WOW, don't waste her time. If the game is more important, it is better for her to find happiness and attention with another man, and if you loved her at all you would want what is best. She deserves the interest of a man, and if you won't give it to her, you don't deserve her, no matter what you want. It is better for your child to have a happy mother and a step-dad than miserable parents that are together but empty.

End of rant =)
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Jul 18, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Step 1.) Sell your account to some n00b.
    Step 2.) Give your girl some space, she'll come around if you stop playing mind games (women can be confusing enough as is)
    Step 3.) Let her come back to you after you show that some stupid game is NOT worth jeopardizing your relationship.
    Step 4.) Take such funds from the selling of your account (And I know they can go for a lot) and take her out to a nice mini-vacation, take her to her favorite place if possible, buy her roses (or whatever her favorite flowers are) and give her the attention she deserves!
    Step 5.) Learn to better yourself, so you can not let this addiction (and it IS an addiction) not get the best of you.
    Step 6.) Go be active, exercise, etc. so you can shed the weight that can come from living in this "world"
    Step 7.) Buy a Nintendo Wii and maybe show her that though you like video games, you would rather enjoy time with her doing it (want to buy mine? Haha.. )

This video game can only take you so far, I've played it, and I know how in-depth you can get into it, but I never got to the point where I was only playing it.

And for crying out loud, don't turn your relationship (in RL) into a game! You're girlfriend was worried about you and was being hurt by your negligence and needed space, give it to her, and don't EVER try to say that you have a date with someone (which doesn't make sense if you're spending countless hours on WoW). Do you really want to tick her off so she WON'T come back?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Want to lose a female fast,
    Ignore her needs,
    Be a bad dad to your child,
    And lie to her.

You have scored a perfect trifeckta.
    Howitzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Mabe you just need to make a statement... go up and break the game disc in front of her to let her know you are committed to the relationship and that you will stop choosing the game over her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Don't want to ruin my relationship with insecurities [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, please help. I have been seeing my current boyfriend for about three months, it's been very intesnse, especially as we work together and he left his girlfriend of 10years to be with me. I had only recently been dumped my my boyfriend of two and a half years and was in a very fragile state...

Will sex ruin my relationship [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about a few months now. We've went out and dates and stuff like that. We've kissed and stuff like that. We have become really close and I've been considering to have sex with him. I am a virgin but I'd like my first time to be with him. Do u think that by having...

Am I letting sex ruin my relationship? [ 27 Answers ]

Well Ive been with my girlfriend for about a year now. When we first started going out, things were really physical. She used to be all over me. We live in New York and we'd go anywhere like a yankee game or the park and it didn't matter, she was just focused on me. We didn't have sex until 3-4...

Will education status ruin our relationship? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who's still attending college but I am in college. When we are talking I feel as if I'm using too much big words, as if I'm talking down to him. My mom says I need to talk to somebody else because he's not up to my level. I however, believe she's wrong. She also says this will...

View more questions Search