Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radzee Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 01:29 PM
    ThinkPad boot problem
    WHen I try to boot my ThinkPad I get the error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". I have not had problems in past nor have I made any recent changes. Any suggestions to get back on line. My OS is windows XP PRofessional
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 1, 2006, 02:11 PM
    That error normally implies that your hard drive has terminated itself and it is completely unrecoverable.
    Sorry about that but normally your only course of action is a complete reinstall of your OS, if your really lucky a repair may work.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Apr 2, 2006, 02:35 AM
    Have a look at this also which relates to your problem

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297185

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual boot problem [ 13 Answers ]

Have win.xp home-SP2.pent 4,1.6.40g HD, 512 ram.a2nd-HD, 100GIG.Idid clean install of xp then using norton ghost cloned it over to 2nd HD.Also have partition commander to give doul boot,iwould like to save c:drive as a back up.useing my d: 100 g.for every day use. The problem I have is when I down...

Thinkpad 390x display problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have just bought a thinkpad 390x old and cheap I know but I'm a student whenever there is a lot going on on the screen it gets all garbled, when I turn down the amount of colours from the display settings it helps but the problem does not go away I have tried to download drivers from the ibm...

Ibm 390X 2626-LNU Boot problem [ 11 Answers ]

I just bought a very nice used IBM 390X 2626LNU. The machine is perfect except for a boot problem. When you shut the computer down it will not restart until you remove all power to the laptop and then return power. It's as if some little part of the laptop refuses to shut down finishing the cylcle....

Odd boot error / DVD drive problem. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I've a dual boot XP/RH9 system selected via GRUB. Recently I found that opening and reclosing the media draw on a Pioneer A06 DVD rewriter (secondary master) would cause an abnormal reboot. The Acer DVD player also on the machine causes no such error. OK so I need to change the...

View more questions Search