Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spokes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Laptop won't recognise CDs in drive
    Hi everyone,

PLEEEAAASE someone help me. :confused: I have this lovely new Compaq Laptop Presario B1200. When I put CDs into the drive it does not recognise them - e.g. I wanted to load Nero, put the CD in the drive and it says it's a blank disc. If I put a disc in with Word Docs on it, it says the same thing - but if I open WORD first, then OPEN files via My Computer it does recognise it.

This is really frustrating, because I can't load any new programs onto the laptop.

If anyone can help me with this It would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Cheers
    Spokes (Adelaide South Australia)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 16, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Hello Spokes

Has this been the problem ever since you got the laptop ? If so, go back to the supplier and claim a guarantee repair.

If the problem has developed recently, just put the Windows CD in the slot and see if the drive can read that one. If so go to WINDOWS REPAIR, and let let the system repair itself.

If it can't read the CD, restart the laptop with the Windows CD in the slot. If that works, go to WINDOWS REPAIR. And if that also fails, go to the supplier for a repair.

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD Drive fitting in Gericom EGO Laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , My existing dvd drive has packed in, how co I replace it with a new DVD re writer

My laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive either [ 1 Answers ]

My Toshiba laptop doesn't recognize the CD Rom drive. When I insert a disc, the drive opens and closes. The lights flash, and I can hear the CD spinning. But there is no action on the screen. When I go to Control Panel or Windows Explorer - the CD Rom Drive does not show up. Just my C drive and A...

Laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have IBM R32 laptop that doesn't recognize CD Rom drive in My computer or Device manager. If I swap CD drive with Floppy drive computer recognize Floppy drive. If I put that CD Rom drive in another IBM laptop that laptop recognize him and it works OK. When I put CD Rom drive in IBM R32 laptop it...

Won't recognise external hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

My computer won't recognise an external hard drive. I plugged it into the usb port (I have no firewire port) and then turned on the power supply and as far as my computer is concerned the drive isn't even there Help?! Thanks

View more questions Search