Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaamadam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Hidden files
    My hdd all portions showing system volume information folder & recycle bin folder if I hide this things also again & again its showing this folders if I click one folder it will take more time to open this folder help me
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jul 20, 2008, 08:23 AM
    In answering I am going to assume you are wishing to hide your system folders from being viewed in Windows Explorer, as you post was anything but clear.

So, opening "My Computer", going to the menu Tools -> Folder Options... will give you a tabbed dialog box. Select the "View" tab. Inside the box with the list of checkboxes, look for the folder called "Hidden files and folders", and make sure the radio button that says "Do not show hidden files and folders" is selected. Just below that, look for a checkbox that says "Hide protected operating system files" and make sure it is checked.

The trick is, though - make sure you click on the "Apply to All Folders" button at the top of the dialog *before* you click on "OK". So the order is "Apply to All Folders" -> "Yes" -> "OK". Then close all your Windows Explorer windows that are open, and see if the changes have worked for you by opening "My Computer" again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zip files [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys! I accidentally d/l'd and installed PowerArchiver because someone told me I needed it for a tutorial , it changes the way all my zip files open and now I can't go back to the default for Vista!! They won't open:(( Can anyone help me please

Convert garmin files to esri .shp files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a file conversion utility to conver garmin track/ waypoint files to ESRI .shp files or ESRI .shp to Garmin format

Bin/Cue files... [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know why cue life are small, here I convert large file into bin/cue, cue is small, is it OK if I burn only cue files and noy with the bin files... cause I can use cue file without any problems... :)

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search