Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajunfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Win XP SP3 won't Install
    I am having trouble installing SP3 for Win XP Pro. I can download it and it starts to install, about 3/4 of the way through, it says it has to abort and goes through a uninstall. I have tried with no success about 3 times. I have closed all running programs, antivirus, networking, internet, anti spyware, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a homemade system using an ASUS Mobo with a P4 and 1 gig of ram.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
    What was the specific error message? See Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to install wet bar [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... first time poster. Every time I did a search on Google an answer from here came up so I thought I should just post my question directly. I have a half basement in Atlanta, GA. I want to put a wet bar in it but it is completely finished and there is no plumbing in the area. I have read...

BATCH files silent install or unassisted install? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I have many application's that I install at my place of employment. These applications have been packaged into a .exe, I currently install these apps VIA Batch files as there are many prerequisites required to install before installing the application itself i.e.. Oracle 9 etc....

Hot tub install [ 1 Answers ]

How many amp breaker should be used on a new 220 hot tub install,and is it easy enough to install in my breaker box. Also what type of wire is used to reach the hot tub approx 25 feet away from breaker box::;)

Can't install my XP [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have Dell Inspiration 1150 with WinXP. A couple of days ago, I was working and suddenly my screen blacked out and then the OS wasn't loading. Then I formated my hard drive completely, thinking that it might be a virus. After that, when ever I try to install my OS, it copies all the files...

Install help, please [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a HONEYWELL RTH110B The outputs read: Rh Rc W Y G I have a red, blue, white, yellow and green wire coming from the wall. I have read something about a "jumper" from Rh to Rc... But what's that? I also don't know what to do w/ the blue?

View more questions Search