Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harrier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 03:20 AM
    Collie habits
    Hello, my collie has just found a dead deer in the woods and he has rolled all over it any info how too get rid of the smell,:mad: :mad: thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Hi, harrier,
    Wow, talk about a smell!
    I've had dogs to do the same thing; also some that have "played" with a skunk!
    Here is a link explaining 3 or 4 "recipes" to try:
    http://dogs.about.com/cs/generalcare/p/skunk.htm

They use mixtures of hydrogen perioxide, vinegar, soap, etc.
    I have used a 50-50 mixture of White Distilled Vinegar and water.
    Be careful though, don't use too much vinegar. Dogs and cats can't stand the smell of vinegar, but it's okay when used as one of the recipes above.
    I do wish you the best of luck, and hopefully your Collie will be smelling good again soon!
    Melinda Posts: 102, Reputation: 20

Apr 3, 2006, 04:26 AM
    At any vets or pet feed shop, you can usually buy "skunk" off, it's great for getting rid of odors!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Work out habits [ 2 Answers ]

I really miss working out, training my body to be strong I like doing curls and bench pressing I really like working my biceps and triceps the only thing is I don't have time to work out anymore I want to four hour a day school mon- Friday 12:30 to 4:30 and 9:30 to 6 A;m on the days I have to work...

Runny eye in Border Collie [ 1 Answers ]

My 8 yr old Border Colie has got a very runny eye (clear discharge) and some localised hair loss around the eye. I was hoping someone could help me regarding what the problem might be.

Rough Collie Puppy has funny stance! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice as I have fallen in love with a Rough Collie puppy which I dearly want to buy. I saw her this evening, she is 3 months old and appears to be in perfect health. Good teeth and gums, gorgeous coat, clean eyes and ears. She is active and playfull without...

Rough Collie Diet & Training [ 2 Answers ]

First of all, thank you Labman on your recent advice. I took my 3 month old Collie to the vet who confirmed she was underweight but didn't recommend calcium supplements, just a good healthy balanced diet to bring her weight up to normal. Aside from that she is in perfect health... I was very...

View more questions Search