Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laserdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Admiral Washer
    I have an Admiral washer that was given to me. It sometimes won't spin out the water and it seems to me the tub is tilted to the far right toward the rear. I have looked all over and can't figure out what is wrong. Can Any one Help Me?

Thanks

Laserdude in Calif
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 15, 2008, 04:03 PM
    You have to do a little research here yourself, first.

What do you precisely mean with "it seems to me the tub is tilted to the far right toward the rear"?

To check what is going on in your washer :

Remove the rear panel, and have a look as to what is going on.
    Check the drive belt : is it frayed?
    Is the drum running against something?
    Is the tub still mounted properly , making good contact with the front window gasket, without any chinks ?
    If so, the tub can not be tilted at the rear.
    If not so, does the tub not leak?
    Can you describe a little more the tilting of the tub?
    Is the tub perhaps partly lose from it's mounting?
    What happens if the tub starts spinning (movements left-right / up/down ?
    Is the belt between the motor and the drum wheel perhaps slipping? --> check the belt tension.

Please be careful : do not touch anything while the dryer is connected to the power.

If you can not find anything, remove the power - take the power cable out of the socket and put it on the ground.
    Note down how the belt is connecting the drum and motor.
    Remove the belt (it may be necessary to unfasten the motor mounting a little).
    Spin the (empty) drum wheel a couple of times by hand, as fast as possible. Is it running freely?
    Spin the motor a couple of times by hand, as fast as possible. Is it running freely?

This procedure will allow you to research what is the problem in your machine.
    If everything seems fine your problem may be related to other problems, like for instance the start capacitor of the spin motor may be leaking. Note that older washer motors contain two motors, one for slow washing, and one for fast spinning.

Please come back to the board and discuss your findings!
    If necessary contact me by private mail (click on my handle and follow instructions) to draw my attention. I will than reply here again.

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Admiral Washer LNC6743A71 [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with this 12 year old washer not sure if it's the timer or not, It fills and agitates fine(lid switch is good) when it goes to spin it starts spinning but the water won't drain unless you open and close the lid same thing for both spin cycles. Thanks John

Admiral Washer won't agitate [ 1 Answers ]

Have an Admiral Washer bought from Montgomery Wards (now out of business) about 10 years ago. The model number is LNC6742A80. It fills with water, and sits the amount of time selected. It does not agitate. Then when the time is up, it drains the water by spinning and then goes into the rinse...

Admiral washer NO spin [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My admiral washer will agitate & rinse but it won't spin out the water it is model LNC6743a71 serial # 10669906ww in your answer please use simple terms and tools needed to fix washer because I am a beginner thanks cooki;) ;)

Admiral washer [ 1 Answers ]

Adiral washer no spin

View more questions Search