Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprice1976 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 09:25 PM
    Leaking drain hose
    My drain hose that is attached to the washer and drains into the wall is leaking at the connection from the washer. How do you tighten the clamp? Is it possible I need to get a new clamp? So far I have cleaned up 2inch standing water 3 times in my laundry room. Each time I think I have it tight enough but so far, I haven't
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sprice1976
    My drain hose that is attached to the washer and drains into the wall is leaking at the connection from the washer. How do you tighten the clamp? Is it possible I need to get a new clamp? So far i have cleaned up 2inch standing water 3 times in my laundry room. Each time I think i have it tight enough but so far, i haven't
    It's possible that the hose clamp is faulty and won't let you tighten it enough.
    Go down to your local hardware store and replace it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How far for the dish washer drain hose? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to get my new dish washer (I haven't brought yet), to a drain. The problem is that (My 4 plex is commercial and all concrete) the closest drain is 10' away from center. I'd even like to get it to drain in the G.disposal, which is another 4 feet, which makes it 14' total. Is this possible? Is...

Shower drain leaking [ 3 Answers ]

When I was starting shower upstairs then there was a leaking in garage ceiling. So I ripped the garage ceiling and found out that there is small brass pipe which connect to shower pipe and other pipe. This small pipe joint with shower drain pipe is leaking. I called the plumber he told me that he...

Leaking jacuzzi Tub Drain [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 4 yr old jacuzzi tub. It appears to be leaking around the rim where the pvc pipe connects to the drain on the tub. It is leaking into my furnace room, and I can see and kind of get to the drain. I was going to caulk around the rim where the pipe connects to the tub. I was wondering of...

Leaking of drain from shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed that my shower drain was leaking under house. I don't know much about plumbing but want to know what could cause this and how it can be fixed. Thanks

Hose Pipe Drain - Not There [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into my first home. It's a new construction. I have connected my dryer, even replaced the cord because it was the wrong prongs. Now my washer has 3 tubes. I have connected the hot and cold, but there is no place for the drain pipe. Was this suppose to be in the house when it was built?...

View more questions Search