Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molliemobile Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:58 AM
    How to repair
    I have a series 80 Kenmore Washer model 4217013. Everything works just fine on it except it has developed a high pitch wining sound. What could cause this and how is it repaired?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Does it make the noise on all the cycles?
    Just when it is filling?

Jul 15, 2008, 09:14 AM
    The noise is made on all cycles except the fill up.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 15, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Hello molliemobile

You have to do a little research here yourself first. To check what is going on in your machine :

Start with opening up the water filter at the front bottom and inspect if there is something in there. If so remove it.
    Is the sound perhaps directly related to the movement of the drum ? (check the window).

Remove the rear panel, and have a look as to what is going on.

Check the drive belt : is it frayed?
    Is anything touching the belt or the drum (wheel) ?
    Does anything look lose or broken?

There are so many possibilities that you have to check first what is making the strange sound !
    Please be careful : do not touch anything while the washer is connected to the power.
    If you can not find anything while the machine is running the normal way, remove the power - take the power cable out of the socket and put it on to the ground.

Note down how the belt is connecting the drum and motor.
    Remove the belt (rather physical job, but not difficult too do : just unfasten the motor mounting a little).
    Spin the (empty) drum wheel a couple of times by hand, as fast as possible. Is it running freely? Do you hear the noise?
    Spin the motor a couple of times by hand, as fast as possible. Is it running freely? Do you hear the noise?

Note : there is the possibility that the noise problem is related to the main drum bearing. Let's keep that for last, as it means that the washer has to be replaced.

This procedure will allow you to research what is the problem in your machine.
    Please come back afterwards back to the board and provide your findings !
    Just notice me by private mail (click on my handle and follow instructions) and I will return here to reply.

Success !

:)

Jul 18, 2008, 08:15 AM
    We would like to thank you for the time you took to answer our plea. I took the pump apart and found a small piece of copper wire in it. Somehow it had gotten in the washer while washing clothes. I took it out and the problem was solved.
    Thanks again.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I was thinking it was the pump but wasn't sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice? Thank you C

Car repair [ 3 Answers ]

last week I went to a club and someone put either water or oil on my gas tank, now my car won't start I had to push my car to my house about 9 miles please if anyone knows what do to in these cases? I would appreciate your help.. =(

Tub Repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair a small hole in a porcelain tub.

Car repair [ 1 Answers ]

Car repair I have a Mercury Sable LS 2000 The lights on the Dash Board that display the gear you are in are not working I was told that I need to change a modal any ideas

View more questions Search