Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2008, 06:29 AM
    The audition is over - Now What?
    Hi all, I am just wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what happens now after the audition? I was told I did very well and I take direction extremely well. Then they thanked me profusely for coming. They had quite a few people auditioning yesterday after me. So what now? Do they audition every one then sit back and review the videos? (They filmed me reading the lines) Do they contact everyone to let them know whether they were selected or do they only call back the one they select? I am just curious what to expect during this waiting game. I do know the show starts filming on the 21st. How long should I expect to wait before I know if I got it or not? Any thoughts? Advice? I do not have an agent and this was my first ever audition.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Normally, you will get a call back within the first week after your audition. It will depend upon how many auditions they had, how many days they were auditioning, and how many potential people that they would like to hear again. They will probably give you a phone call if they want you to come back in and read. Sounds like you had a great audition! Don't worry. Try and not think about it... (its hard, I know!) :)

Good luck! :)

Jul 15, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Thank you HC! Do you know if they call everyone or only who they select?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Normally, they will just call those that are selected, but sometimes those that are not selected could receive calls (if it is a really great director or the auditionee has a "quality" that they may want to tap in to at a later date).
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 03:08 AM
    Good and proactive dialogue above! It would also be helpful to know what it is that you are auditioning for as well as what you needed to do for the audition.

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2008, 06:49 AM
    I auditioned for a reocurring role on a TV sitcom being filmed in Albuquerque, NM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good audition songs? [ 8 Answers ]

What would be some good audition songs? For a medium to low voice?

Download the Audition patch? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every time I try to download the Audition patch it eventually says its unable to download and then its says its missing AUDITION06033.zip?:(

Musical audition [ 3 Answers ]

I am auditioning to become an entertainer! Mainly a singer and need 2 up to date audition songs for a female vocalist! Anyone any ideas? One needs to be a ballad and one uptempo!?

Audition songs for 'Oliver!' [ 2 Answers ]

My son is auditioning for the part of 'Oliver'. He needs to have 2 songs prepared to sing. I have pasted a part of the audition details to the end of this question. I am thinking of 'Circle of Life' and 'Under the Sea'. Do you think these are good choices based on what they say they are...

Orchestral audition CD'S [ 1 Answers ]

I want to audition classical pieces on a CD and be able to erase and re record when necessary. What type of blank CD should I buy?

View more questions Search