Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LouayKonda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Teaching in the USA
    Hi gyus,

I am a qualified Teacher of Secondary Mathematics in the UK would I be able to teach in the USA and how do I do it. Many thanks

Louay
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2008, 06:41 AM
    I teach primary in the US... know several teachers who have gone to the UK to teach... :)

Here are a couple of places to start your search for information... the first one is for a teacher exchange program. Not sure if you were looking for short term or considering a possible move:

Teach in or visit an American school - British Council - Fulbright

USNEI-Teaching in the United States
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 06:42 AM
    As far as public schools are concerned, educators are certified within their state of residence. If you have selected a state in which to live, make an application to that state's education regulators. I am not aware that a teacher is required to be certified to teach in a private school, but most private schools seek certified teachers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to know if there are some cool internet pages about "English teaching as a second language". Thanks

Teaching isn't for me, now what? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, This is my 2nd year teaching and I'm miserable. I love "teaching," but feel I'm unable to do that because of all of the politics involved. I have a BA in Elementary Education from a N.C. university and need some direction towards another career path. I have only 5 months of this school...

Teaching in the USA [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, don't know if you can help me on this, but I'll give it a shot. Im an American citizen living in Australia (11 years in September). Im currently in my 2nd year of my Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of English double degree:when Im done, Im a qualified teacher! Question: Do you think...

The Joy of Teaching [ 5 Answers ]

Then Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and, gathering them around him, he taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven Blessed are the meek Blessed are they that mourn Blessed are the merciful Blessed are they that thirst for justice...

Teaching [ 3 Answers ]

Which fields or careers are most welcoming to former teachers or teachers seeking to transition out of teaching?

View more questions Search