Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 31, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Baby Showers
    I am pretty much set on having a co-ed baby shower. I will probably put it together on my own. Since the twins are due sept. 22nd, and the dr says they will more than likely be about two weeks early I'm wondering when I should have the shower?? I am thinking since it will be summer and we have a pool that we should just bbq and have a backyard party with a baby theme... baby back ribs, baby carrot, baby corn... etc.. I figure that won't make the guys feel out of place and the such. I don't want to have it too close to my bf's birthday which is the 12th of aug. Just looking for advice and the such. Guys if you have any ideas on how to help please respond cause well your guys!! Thanks in advance...
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Wife and I did something a lot like this at a friends house that had a pool toward the end of the summer. Worked out fine.

Was casual and some of the guys who didn't care to be there when gifts were given just hung out back by the water.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2006, 05:24 PM
    That is a great idea. The old tradition is it is a party for the girls. My wife and I , said whenever we do have a baby. That we would like it to be both male and female. It is called a baby shower, both parents created the baby. Why would it only be a women's get together. Does not make sense to me or my wife. It is just a matter of planning it. Awsome idea, having bbq and so forth. Have fun and enjoy.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
    Myth, that would be an awsome idea. What guy can turn down a pool and bbq? And it will give them a chance to hang out else where during gifts if they want. Why don't you do it around the very end of July. That way it will not interfere with your friends birthday, and depending on where you live, it'll still be warm enough to swim and be outside. And of course, you'll have time to return anything that might need to be returned for theme or color, or just something that doesn't agree with your taste. (or if you get several of the same thing, and want to trade them for something alil different. I got multiple of the same designs, like the same outfit. So I trade it for different colors, or etc, just to have a little difference in his wardrobe) havign it a little early also helps to make sure you have everything that you need before the time comes.

Apr 25, 2006, 02:33 AM
    I have recently run into a couple of problems with this idea of having it during the hot summer months. First being... it's already getting into the 90's where I live. Second, I'm already on bedrest because of edema (swelling in the legs, hands, and face). Because I'm a high risk pregnancy with twins I'm not sure when to have this shower. I know that insects are going to be an issue also, not to mention the heat that might have an adverse effect on me. We also find out what the sexes are next week and I think that's going to have an impact on what theme we go with... I'm actually leaning strongly towards a baby theme'd baby shower... baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby corn... etc. can anyone help me think of any other types of "baby" theme'd foods? Also should I make it a pot luck thing and have people bring a "baby" food? I kind of want it to be a big family type event which brings us to problem three. His family isn't exactically happy that we're not married and having children. I live in the "bible belt" and this is very important to his family... I currently feel kind of ostricized and outcasted because of it. I'm not sure that any family will show up because then they would be supporting our children out of wedlock. We plan on getting married next year after I loose some of the baby weight. Any feedback would be wonderfully accepted. Thanks in advance
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Hey girl. Whether his parents agree with your choices or not, they should not allow that disagreement get in the way of them getting to know and celebrate in the births of their new grandchildren. That is cheating the children out of the joy of knowing their grandparents,and like wise cheating themselves out of the joy of those little cuties. Perhaps if your hubby called his family, and told them that you want them to be included in the shower, nad more importantly in the lives of the little ones, and that it will be all about the children, and not about the decisions you do or do not make in regards to marriage and so forth. That you just want to enjoy their company and have them be a part of your lives. Perhaps that would make things a little more easy going, and put the focus where it should be? After all, the birth of your twins should not be over shadowed by something as petty as their disapproval of your living circumstances. As far as the shower, do you have canapys that you could sit under to get oyu out of the sun, and put your feet up, and have a fan behind you? Also, if you have an interjoining room that opens out to the pool, you could mainly have it in your house, but have the doors open to the pool for anyone who wants to go out in that part. For food, they also have those little baby hotdogs... what are they called... they are covered in that sauce, and you spear yourself a hotdog with a toothpick hahaha. Oh yeah, little smokies! That's what they are called. If I think of any others I will let you know. As far as how soon to have it... twins are usually... what one month or so early? You could have it two montsh before your expected due date, giving you lee-way on your timing, and being early enough to not cause too much stress? Well, I hope things are well, can't wait to hear what the sexes are! I'll try to find more theme stuff for you.

Apr 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Thanks you girly... lol... His parents seem to be happy about the twins and are not letting the lack of wedding vows deture their enthusism... they're going to the u/s with us I think... and have already helped us so much with furniture and the such for the babies... lol... and they plan on being in their lifes and have stated that they need cribs and high chairs for their home... I know everything will be all right after they get here... it's just me worrying. Pregnancy... go figure... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showers without tiles [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a shower and don't want to use tiles. The pre fab plastic showers are mostly small and or expensive. I want to build a 5'X5' shower on a pre existing concreat floor that has a drain already. Can I just pour cement and slope it with an outer curb and then paint it with waterproof...

Showers backed up [ 1 Answers ]

While I was taking a shower last night, my wife flushed the toilet in our other bathroom and the toilet in the bathroom I was in started gurgling. After the gurgling stopped the shower would not drain. I used a plunger on the drain in the tub and it would not drain. Now the shower in the other...

J pipe for showers [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks... Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New...

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom,I only found this site yesterday. Can the british showers work in the usa. What about the voltage difference. Or can I find something similar in the usa. Thanks olivia

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

My old shower broke it was a 7.5kw,can I buy a 8.5kw or higher and connect it to the plumbig/electrical supply already in place? Could someone tell me what kw means,is it electric or pressure term. :confused:

View more questions Search