Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Process costing--calculating equiv. units
    Using the FIFO method, I'm supposed to prepare a process cost report, this is where I've gotten so far:

Beginning inventory-------------4,250
    Units started this period---------61,300
    Units to be accounted for--------65,550
    Beginning inventory--------------4,250
    Units started and completed-----57,900
    Ending inventory------------------3,400
    Units accounted for---------------65,550

Then I did the equivalent units cost (Dir. Mat. -- 61,300; Conversion Costs -- 60,875)
    Total costs wind up at 130,317

I have a few questions:

1) In the problem, they give me the number added in the month (61,300) which I put in units started this period. But they also say that those units were added at a cost of $71,108. Do I need this number, and if so, where? (the second part of the problem is to identify the amount that should be transferred out of Work in Process Inventory account, and where, but I don't know if that number effects this)

2) It also gives me direct labor (19,760), and the overhead (31,375) that was applied. What do I do with these?

3) For the current costs/equivalent units, I have the current costs, but how do I solve for equivalent units?

I'm a tad confused, and can't find any help on the internet.
    Thanks in advance.

Check out some similar questions!

Process costing [ 1 Answers ]

What is primary purpose of process costing and what are the different sections of cost of production report?

Process costing [ 0 Answers ]

BB, partially complete TO = 20,000 units EI = 10,000 units (materials 20% complete; conversion costs 10% complete) Started this month 25,000 Compute the number of equivalent units for materials using the weighted average method. Please help... I cannot get this! Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.