Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KathFez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Lien on my Car
    I owe Capital One $3000.00 in credit card debt. I am on Social Security disability and the only asset I have is a 2001 Hyandi that was given to me as a gift. Can a lien be put on that car? I live in the state of New Jersey.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Probably not, deppends on your state laws but I don't think so.
    Even if they can the only thing you'll have to do is keep driving that car until is ready for the junk yard.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2008, 05:54 AM
    In most states, unsecured debt can usually not be used to place a lien on real property. Even if it was, this would only have to be dealt with if you sold the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax lien [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any way to have a tax lien placed on my cedit removed?

Hoa lien [ 7 Answers ]

How far behind does one have to be on their dues before an association can put a lien on property? Do they have to give notice before lien is put on property?

Tax lien [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have had an IRS tax levy imposed on me in FL for past nonpayment of taxes can I still offer a compromise to the IRS at this point? I have no real property in my name (except for a couple of junk cars) but I have a mortgage in my ex-wife and my name with the deed signed over to her 2+...

IRS tax lien [ 5 Answers ]

I owe over $11000 in back federal tax for 1996. Can the IRS put a lien on the home we live in when the house is in my wife's name and only I owe the back tax? I am paying $5 a month on this bill but have signed no payment agreement with the IRS. Will the 10 year statute of limitation on federal tax...

Tax lien [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and have federal tax lien against me for $5,000.00 It was issued in 1996. I was unaware of it, but want to pay it. Where do I send the payment. Also, is there a statue of limitations on a federal tax lien. Thanks Leigh072055

View more questions Search