Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pumpkin12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Hipaa violation?
    I had an emergency c-section, where I lost my child. My boss(person A) shared with his/ser spouse(person B) that I had the emergency c-section (baby had not passed yet). The spouse(person B) later that day had a meeting with someone(person C) that use to work at the same company as I did. That person(person C) recognized the last name (not a common name) and asked if they knew so and so. The spouse(person B) said yes, that (person A) is my spouse and then proceeded to tell (person C) that one of (Person A's) employees had an emergency c-section. Percon C asked if it was so and so, but Person B could not remember the name. Person C, knew I was the only one that wroked for Person A that was pregnant. Is this a violation of HIPAA?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
    No, because HIPAA only applies to the people that have control of your medical records. What your boss did was unethical and if there is someone above him you can complain to, I would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPAA violation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is out of work due to bilateral fractured ankles he received in a car wreck. He received a call from a co-worker asking when he was coming back to work as he was working on the schedule. My husband told him he would be back when he was cleared by him Dr.. The co-worker told him their...

HIPAA Violation? [ 3 Answers ]

My (former) dentist overcharged my credit card for a crown. The VISA department of my bank sent the dentist a 'chargeback inquiry' to determine if my claim was valid. In response, the dentist faxed my bank a "Family History Listing" which in addition to my payment history (which seems...

Hipaa violation [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ex-wife who is using the court system to constantly harass me. I was recently terminated by my employer while I was on medical disability. I am seeking legal council for that issue. Her latest stunt is to sopena my former employer to turn over all medical records. They already did this...

Hipaa violation [ 3 Answers ]

If someone repeates a rumor they heard about someone's medical condition, is this a hipaa violation? And can the person repeating that rumor be sued for slander?

HIPAA violation [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother lives at an assistant living facility. A nurse came into the dining room and changed her medicine patch at the table. Is this a violation of the HIPAA privacy regulations?

View more questions Search