Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twangsong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Train XL 1200 fan but no cool air
    I have a Train XL 1200 and yesterday afternoon it began blowing out warm air. I checked the thermostat and then reset the circuit b breakers on the house box with no repair. Today I checked the fuses on the outside of the unit itself and all was good. I unpluged the thermostat for about 15 minutes to let it reset and it had no effect.
    The unit is on the roof and I checked it. The fan on the roof is not working, it will turn freely if pushed. But I hear a short humming sound that lasts about 2 seconds
    About every 2 minutes or so.
    Any Suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Could be the condenser fan or capacitor.

It could also be the compressor.

If you have a amprobe take a reading during the time of the buzz to see what the draw is. That will be a determining factor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xl 1200 not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane xl 1200 heat pump that is blowing but the air is not cold. Does anyone have an answer.

Finishing 1200 sg ft attic [ 1 Answers ]

We are expecting a new baby in November... currently we have a 2 yr old who sleeps in a connecting bedroom to us ultimately we would like to move him upstairs the only problem is upstairs is unfinished it is 1200 sq ft. w/ minimal insulation I would need to be shhetrocked and carpeted and I awesome...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

1200 cub cadet won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Cub Cadet, model 1200 lawnmower. With spring arriving, I am trying to get it ready to go. However, it won't start. There is no spark. I replaced the plug, and am still receiving no spark. Next, I put a new coil on, and still no spark. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I might proceed....

Cub Cadet 1200 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys it's me again! I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade. My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings? It...

View more questions Search