Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ButtrflyKisses Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 01:56 PM
    What are home REMEDIES for anxiety and dizzy spells
    I have dizzy spells and high anxiety. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 03:16 PM
    vitamin B12 sublingual is good for anxiety
    Chamomile or passionflower tea are good for anxiety too.

vitamin B6 is good for dizziness but a lot of what is good for it depends on what is causing it.
    Eat more protein and less sugar.
    GuyLaundry Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtrflyKisses
    I have dizzy spells and high anxiety. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these?
    I have found both Yoga and Tai Chi to help relieve stress and anxiety. Not sure about the dizzy spells but it may help.
    ms williams Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Dizziness could also be anemia/ low iron. And anxiety, there is no better supplement for that than yoga. I second that recomindation.
    shawrebecca Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Try hypnotherapy. It is great for reducing your stress set point and for overcoming any triggers to stress and anxiety
    canuckdude Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2008, 09:24 AM

I had anxiety related heart palpitations, etc. I took st johns wort at night (2 caps-I think 500mg) and in a couple of weeks I was doing much better. A B vitamin supplement might help.
    I would go see a doc to rule out any physical cause for the dizziness. It may be caused by hyperventilating when having an anxiety attack, but it's best to rule out other issues first. Thyroid imbalances can cause dizziness and anxiety. So can other hormonal imbalances.
    Regular exercise, keeping a diary, and seeking counselling to find the root of your anxiety and learn relaxation techniques will also help.
    Good luck.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 7, 2008, 09:34 AM

I have anxiety and dizziness as well. The dizzyness was so bad I went to the doctors thinking I might have a brain tumor

Well the doctor didn't tell me much except that it seemed like I had Vertigo which is correlated with anxiety..

If you correct the anxity you will more than likely correct the dizziness..

I know you said you wanted home remedies but I started anxiety medication and it has helped a little and I'm working the 12 steps as well.. (highly recommended)

We need to retrain our brains into thinking positive, we are wired to always be worrying.. that's why the 12 steps helps so much.. it completely transforms your thoughts.
    Liasdaughter Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2008, 03:36 AM
    Many sufferer find St Johns Wort useful for mild anxiety. Before she regularly takes it, though, it might be useful to discuss it with a doctor, who is aware of the medical conditions, just in case. There is a good site to get more info:

St. John's Wort and Depression [NCCAM Health Information]

Dizziness could be caused by other medical conditions as well, like Hypertension (high blood pressure) or Hypothension (low blood pressure) or even by Orthostatic or Postural hypotension. I which case suddenly standig up after a longer period of sitting or lying position, can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. We all have that, but for most of us the body counter acts, corrects it, before we even notice it. These are just a few example of the many possibilities, which needs a discussion with a doctor.

Wishing you all the best, too.
    hillman candice Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 07:19 AM

Hi my name is candice I too suffer from extreme anxiety and panick attacks my doctor is a woman and has perscribed me lexapro can anyone let me no if it has worked for them or anyone you no lots of thanks

Dec 3, 2008, 07:27 AM

Hi my name is candice I suffer terrible anxiety panick attacks my little boy is three and its so bad for me sometimes I can't focus my doctor who is a woman has perscribed me lexapro is there anyone out there who has tried or is on lexapro I'm really looking for something positive help thanks

Dec 3, 2008, 07:34 AM

Hi its candice again I must say that I drink green tea chamomile to relax me for the dizzy part I inhale frankinsence oil it helps me sometimes hope it can help someone else too
    frackpack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 06:21 PM
    I have had anxiety for 12 years ,I take zoloft and for quick relief zanax.I also do a twelve step program called alonon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home remedies for cats with eye infections [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if there are any home remedies for cats that have eye infections. My cat has a gunky watery discharge from his eye and the vet is closed on a Sunday.

Dizzy spells [ 8 Answers ]

My son will be 12 in August, He has been sick with a cough ,the doctor said it was allergy and sinus, he get dizzy sometimes and feel he almost is going to pass out, what could be the problem?

Spells to ask someone for a date [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I want an easy and effective spells through which other person ask me for a date. This is just to turn friendship into Love. Can go out and have a fun. Tks.

My 17 day old pups have fleas and I need home remedies. [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a rescued full blooded female Shih Tzu and was told she had never been in heat and would still be awhile before she came into heat.. And the people who gave me her penned her with a Mini Dashound Male. Well they did not know she was pregnant when we got her and we didn't know she was...

Dizzy Spells. [ 12 Answers ]

I am 19 and female. I have never fainted in my life, or ever felt dizzy, not even fron standing for a while, but in the past week, there have been three incidences of having dizzy spells. One was in class, I was standing but my knees weren't locked. ALl of a sudden, my teacher started spinning!...

View more questions Search