Ask
    dimitri06 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2006, 06:41 PM
    Immigration
    Is immigration a domestic policy?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Its more like a combination. Since it deals with other countries as well as internal issues.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Um

A little vague.

Immigration itself is not a policy any more than business or alcohol or television is a policy. The limitations and restrictions on it are what constitute a policy.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 09:02 PM
    I say it is a domestic policy to some extent.

Not sure where you live, but let's look at the 3 North American countries.

Canada debates internally whether we should let all these immigrants in (domestic issue).

But, President Fox of Mexico has asked Canada to increase its immigration policy to allow more seasonable Mexican workers to work in Canada. So in that sense, it becomes partly a foreign policy.

But, for the most part, I would say it would be a domestic policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Us immigration [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir; My sister is a us citizen she sent immigration forms to his parents forms contains petions,Affidatives and other types of forms. I want to know which types of forms my parents filled she sents me I-485,Life Legalization form,I-693,G-325A, I-690,Affidavite of Support Under Section 213A...

Immigration Law [ 3 Answers ]

If you recently married a immigrant. What is the law on going out of state for honey moon?

Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

What is the way to immigrate to grenada island in the carribian? [email protected]

You.s. Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a permanent visa for immigrants who are financially secure but are not seeking employment or starting a business.

View more questions Search