Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Then why the heck did you post the topic here
    And why do you follow me around the board with your criticism?

:rolleyes:

·
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    That is the beauty of science : it has a sort of build-in checking program that ensures that the latest findings can be included in the scientific arguments.

That is indeed different than a period of over 2000 years of dogmatic wild claims that may not be debated, while there is not one single iota of objective supporting evidence for any of the dogmatic claims. Give me therefore science any second of the day above all that religious hot air !

As to the rest of your post : if you want to discuss the general approach towards science and scientific findings and theories: go ahead. If you want to continue with your anti-scientific approach please go to the Christianity board where there are a lot of creationist peers !

:D · · :rolleyes: · · :p · · ;) · · :D

· ·

Like evolution - not to be debated
    Like global warming - not to be debated
    Both examples of scientific intolerance

As to your second point - resorting to personal attacks and generalizing is clearly not scientific. :D
    -

Jul 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox
    Like evolution and global warming. Both examples of scientific intolerance As to your second point - resorting to personal attacks and generalizing is clearly not scientific.
    Who says these are not to be debated? Not I.
    All I say is that science related theories are based on peer checking programs and rules that ensure that the latest findings are included, which guarantee an ever increasing higher level of support.

That is different than the procedure with religious dogmatic wild claims that may not be debated at all, while there is not one single iota of objective supporting evidence for any of these claims.

You and some of your peers want to attack scientific theories, but show great tension when the basis of any religious view is questioned. Now THAT is hypocrite!!

·

Jul 19, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Evolution is just a physical process involving evolution, biology, and lot's of time.

·

The question of evolution was brought up by your opening question. I'm just asking you to explain the above :D , no need for the usual religious attacks, it gets tiresome.
    -

Jul 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Evolution is just a physical process involving evolution, biology, and lot's of time.
    The question of evolution was brought up by your opening question. I'm just asking you to explain the above :D , no need for the usual religious attacks, it gets tiresome.
    What is there more to explain? A child of 10 can understand that. Why don't you explain here where your problem is in understanding this?

·

Jul 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
    What is there more to explain? A child of 10 can understand that. Why don't you explain here where your problem is in understanding this?

·

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...ml#post1148394

Circular logic:D
    -

Jul 20, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Circular logic
    I asked you : "Why don't you explain here where your problem is in understanding this?"
    I note that you failed to reply that non-circular question, the essence of my previous point.

Not that I am surprised you don't...

·
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 11:27 PM
    N0help4u asked me elsewhere to explain as to how I believe this earth came into being.

Well : as belief has religious connotations,
    Only for you. Belief is a very ordinary secular word with a secular definition:

Definitions of belief on the Web:

* any cognitive content held as true
    * impression: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
    Wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I do not BELIEVE that the earth came into being by any deity doing a once-only job in only 6 days. Mainly because I do not see any need for deities to exist, nor objective supported evidence for the existence of such deities.
    In other words, you don't believe that God created the world because you don't believe in God.

However that leaves the converse as also true. You believe that the earth came into being without God. Because if you hold any idea as true, then you believe that idea.

And you've seen this? Or do you hold this idea as true even though you have not seen it happen with your own eyes?

The origin of the universe is a cosmological process involving also lot's of time.
    And you've seen this as well? Or do you hold this idea as true although you have not seen it?

If people like Nohelp4u want to know more about evolution , why don't they ask for that? And if people like Nohelp4u want to know more about the origin of the universe, why don't they ask for that?
    Obviously, it is because you have put yourself in the unreasonable position of claiming to hold no beliefs. Yet you have beliefs whether you like it or not.

Why always ask indirect questions, and combine that with a religious connotation like the "belief" argument ?
    Obviously, you don't know what belief means or you don't accept the common definition of the word. Apparently you are trying to force your reductionist definition of that word upon us. But we live in the real world. All we have to do is open a dictionary to see that you are misusing the word "belief".

Sincerely,

De Maria
    -

Jul 24, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Only for you....
    I almost always and only make such statements on board related to religion, and I almost always refer clearly to belief of religious claims, and where not specific to religious belief, the link to religion is obvious from the context of my position. After all : one may after thousands of times making the same statements at times slip on on something.

Only those who have problems with the (clarity of my) statements on religious belief would go as low as you do now in the hope that I would change my position, or can be proved wrong. I will not, and never will. I simply do not believe in religious matters, and note in that respect that never ever has there been any objective supporting evidence provided for the correctness of the existence of the Christian god (and any other god/gods), and that god is the Creator. Without that support any religion - except Buddhism - is nothing more than hot empty air!!

But you are free to search the Internet for statements from my hand that supports your suggestion. It will be in vain, as I never changed my approach. The reason why so many theists hate my guts as they know my arguments are sound and beyond denying.
    Only you, Nohelp4u, sassyT, and few other religious blinded still have to learn that...

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

·

Jul 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Cred

You have that evangelical fervor in your belief that there is no God, and you go on these religious boards proclaiming that; then you wonder why we argue with you :confused:

We, who believe, know that Jesus died for you, to give you salvation. If I truly disliked you, I would not try to tell you of this. :D
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Cred You have that evangelical fervor in your belief that there is no God, and you go on these religious boards proclaiming that; then you wonder why we argue with you .... We, who believe, know that Jesus died for you, to give you salvation. If I truly disliked you, I would not try to tell you of this.
    As always TOTAL NONSENSE !!!
    I never have claimed there is no god. I observe, conclude, and state that there is no objective supporting evidence for the existence of any god, deity, or other supra-natural entity.

I do NEITHER wonder why you argue with me. I know why you do. I wonder why you theist guys and girls have so much problems admitting that you only BELIEVE whatever you believe, and that belief is not another word for reality...

You, who believes (in what?), do NOT know that Jesus died for you. You BELIEVE that Jesus died for you. And you BELIEVE that Jesus is God's son, and that Jesus is part of the Christian godly trinity.

And about that dislike : your actions and your word selection speaks "another language".

·
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Jul 28, 2008, 05:58 PM
    N0help4u asked me elsewhere to explain as to how I believe this earth came into being.

Well : as belief has religious connotations, I do not BELIEVE that the earth came into being by any deity doing a once-only job in only 6 days. Mainly because I do not see any need for deities to exist, nor objective supported evidence for the existence of such deities.

The origin of the universe is a cosmological process involving also lot's of time.
    If people like Nohelp4u want to know more about evolution , why don't they ask for that?
    And if people like Nohelp4u want to know more about the origin of the universe, why don't they ask for that?
    Why always ask indirect questions, and combine that with a religious connotation like the "belief" argument ?

:)

·
    Be·lief Audio Help /bɪˈlif/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bi-leef] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. something believed; an opinion or conviction: a belief that the earth is flat.
    2. confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof: a statement unworthy of belief.
    3. confidence; faith; trust: a child's belief in his parents.
    4. a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith: the Christian belief.

From dictionary.com

Please understand that what you are saying is your belief.
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by savedsinner7
    ...Please understand that what you are saying is your belief.
    Please understand that on this specific board any reference to personal BELIEF refers to religious belief, unless clearly stated otherwise.

Of course I have personal beliefs. From political views to favoritism for sports teams to personal preferences.
    But I have no religious belief. I do not claim the existence of any entity. Neither do I claim the non-existence of any entity. All I ask is for objective supporting evidence for any religious claim. So far there has never been anything towards that been forthcoming (although there were more than enough claims!)...

:D :D :D :D :D

·

Aug 3, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Please understand that on this specific board any reference to personal BELIEF refers to religious belief, unless clearly stated otherwise.

Of course I have personal beliefs. From political views to favoritism for sports teams to personal preferences.
    But I have no religious belief. I do not claim the existence of any entity. Neither do I claim the non-existence of any entity. All I ask is for objective supporting evidence for any religious claim. So far there has never been anything towards that been forthcoming (although there were more than enough claims!) ....

:D :D :D :D :D

·
    So, you're believing to be undecided?
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 12:15 AM
    So, you're believing to be undecided?
    Not really. My logic and all my senses say that God does not exist. But I can not prove a negative. Not too bad, as all theists together have been unable to prove over 2000+ years the much easier positive claim that God/Gods exist neither.
    However - unlike any theist - I do not want to make statements that I can not support.

·

Aug 4, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Not really. My logic and all my senses say that God does not exist. But I can not prove a negative. Not too bad, as all theists together have been unable to prove over 2000+ years the much easier positive claim that God/Gods exist neither.
    However - unlike any theist - I do not want to make statements that I can not support.

·
    So you're believing to not believe? Your faith is in your logic?
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 12:46 PM
    So you're believing to not believe? Your faith is in your logic?
    You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I clearly stated :

"My logic and all my senses say that God does not exist. But I can not prove a negative. Not too bad, as all theists together have been unable to prove over 2000+ years the much easier positive claim that God/Gods exist neither. However - unlike any theist - I do not want to make statements that I can not support."

I do not believe that god/gods exist, and I do not believe that god/gods do not exist.
    My logic says that god/gods do not exist as there is not one single iota of evidence for that existence. I know that I can not prove either position, so I just do not keep any religious beliefs.

And no : I do not believe not to believe. But unlike an Agnostic I do not doubt neither.
    I just do not want to make statements that I can not support!

:D :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

·
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Cred,

We BELIEVE that Christ died for all of our salvation because it is written as a factual occurrence in the bestselling (and proven) book in the world "the BIBLE" Just as the "theory" of evolution is written in a book or handed down by word of mouth and you believe their (the scientists) account of things.

One question regarding evolution, Where did the very first molecule/cell, etc come from that started this whole process? There has to be some beginning distinguished from the rest of the process, right?
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    We BELIEVE that Christ died for all of our salvation ...
    Yes, you believe that. But the essence of Christianity is that Jesus could provide that function because he was claimed to be God's son.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man
    One question regarding evolution, Where did the very first molecule/cell, etc come from that started this whole process?
    The first cell is not part of evolution, but of abiogenesis.
    Evolution is about how that frist cell managed to become the source of all life on earth.

Darwin never bothered where that first cell came from. I do neither, but there are several excellent thesis about that, involving the extremely interesting features of crystaline clay. Google yourself to the information... Lot's of information available on the Internet !

·
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Interesting so in evolution there is no beginning and no end...

Which is completely contrary to God as his existence is the Alpha and the Omega (the beginning and the end)

Do you not find it interesting that Darwin and yourself "don't bother" with that little piece missing from evolution?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search