Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Jul 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Where is cam sensor?
    Hello , I have a 1997 GMC yukon four wheel drive, 5.7 L. engine, automatic trans. Engine light turned on so I went to autozone for an analysis which came up as being the crank or cam censor, so I bought them both. I know where the crank sensor is but I don't know where the cam censor is. Can someone please explain to me where the cam censor is and is it something that I can get to without getting into any trouble. I don't mind getting my hands dirty to do it.

Thanks for your help----Zeke
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 13, 2008, 11:38 AM
    The cam sensor is inside the distributor.

Name:  1a.gif
Views: 2058
Size:  7.5 KB

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Disconnect the negative battery cable.
    Disconnect the electrical connector from the camshaft position sensor.
    Remove the camshaft position sensor retaining screw.
    Remove the camshaft position sensor.

Instalation is virtually the reverse.
    Torque the screw to 4-6 Nm (35-53 lb. in.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

Map sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the map sensor located on a 1998 ford ranger. I am adding hydrogen generator and need to add a map sensor enhancer

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

O2 sensor [ 2 Answers ]

I Bought the socket to change the o2 sensor on my kia sephia and the o2 sensor is recessed in too far and I can't get the socket to bite on the darn thing. What gives?

View more questions Search