Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bossilini31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 07:16 PM
    Pittbull liability insurance
    I live in Ohio and I was wondering about reasonble liability insurance for my pittbull
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jul 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
    There are new updates and new legislation links provided:

Insuring Pit Bull Dogs
    (Ohio Revised Code Section 955.22E)

Owners of dogs that are a "breed of dog commonly known as a Pit Bull" must maintain at least $100,000 of liability insurance coverage on these animals. The maximum penalty for a violation of this section is a $1,000 fine and up to six months imprisonment.

Insuring Pit Bull Dogs
    (Ohio Revised Code Section 955.22E)

Dogs that are a “breed of dog commonly known as a Pit Bull” are automatically considered to be vicious under Ohio law.

Owners of these dogs must maintain at least $100,000 of liability insurance coverage on these animals. The maximum penalty for a violation of this section is a $1,000 fine and up to six months imprisonment.

Hope this helps you.
    bossilini31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Do you have any places in mind that are reasonable

Jul 13, 2008, 03:38 PM
    You can begin your search here. I have read through a lot of information the site has to offer and feel quite confident you will find the help you need there.

Pit Bull Friendly Insurance Companies
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
    If you have Homeowner's or Apt Renter's insurance, those polices usually come with liability insurance and the "usual" limit is $100,000.00. If you are not the insured but you and your pit bull are living with someone who has any of the above mentioned HO or Renter's insurance, ask the HO or Apt renter to check with their insurance company for coverage that might be automatic. Understand that many insurance companies will decline to issue / refuse to renew HO / Renter's polices where there is a so - called vicious breed kept on the premises. I am not a resident of Ohio but I did read one of the answers that cited Ohio statute therefore, if any of the sources of insurance that I mentioned offer coverage, ask them if that coverage complies with the Ohio statue concerning "vicious" pets/ animals.

Jul 13, 2008, 04:40 PM
    RichardBondMan beat me to the punch. That is exactly what I was researching. Here is a site which may help explain just that.

Take 2 Rescue | About Ohio Required Pit Bull Insurance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowner Liability Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

I own a rental condo on the 9th floor in an 11 story poured in place concrete and steel building. I carry a liability insurance policy on this property. If there is water damage to a unit below me (hot water heater valve malfunction causing flooding) will this liability policy cover the damage to...

Pitbull dog liability insurance [ 8 Answers ]

Where can I buy liability insurance for my pitbull? Our county has just passed a law banning pits unless you meet several requirements within 30 days and can charge $25-50@day plus seize your pit. Please help me out with some adivice on where to get the insurance at an affordable rate. Thxs,...

Liability insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have been making herbal soaps and selling to my immediate friends and family, but now strangers want to buy and I need to find out what kind of insurance I should carry and where to get it.

Insurance Liability [ 12 Answers ]

Car A is exiting a parking lot. Car A pauses just short of the aisle leading to the curbcut to wait for a delivery van to get clear. Car B comes down the next aisle turns into the aisle behind Car A. Car B then passes Car A on the left and makes a right in front of Car A hitting Car A on the point...

Bond and liability insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just started a small business in cleaning. Do I need general liability insurance or business insurance and bond in the same time?thanks

View more questions Search