Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauravirginia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Bayliner Ciera 2855 ST determining cause of fuel leak and replacing tank if necessary
    1997 Bayliner ciera 2855 ST Sunbridge has quite a bit of fuel in bilge area near the engine. We filled the tank earlier in the day and did some boating. We docked the boat and there was no gas leak at that time. About 6 hours later when we checked the boat we could smell gas. On examination we found gas in bilge area . How do I determine the cause of leak and how do I verify a leaky tank ? What procedure do I use to replace tank and can I have a replacement tank built. My problem is that we are in a small European country. The closest Bayliner dealer is 500 miles away and the have no service or no parts. I am trying to determine the best way to proceed. We pumped out most of the gas (about 300 liters) and cleaned the boat. We left in about 30 liters and there does not seem to be a leak. Help!!
    Abyss777 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2008, 02:41 AM
    300 liters is a lot of gas to leak out . If you can get a visual of the tank you will se it dripping. If no drips appear examine gas lines the lead from tank to enine.also check tank breathrs as gas expands when temperature rises. Short of that your float valve in carberator is stuck and pissing gas into cylingers which will drain to oil pan. Chek oil for gas contamination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Weed Eater LT 7000 Gas Tank\Fuel Line [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a used weed eater lt 7000 and when I tried to clean it up a little I noticed the fuel lines were rotted. The filter was already off inside of the gas tank. Any ideas on how to get a new gas line and the filter back in the gas tank, since I have no idea on how it goes? There was...

Determining location of a tub shower leak [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning- let me preface with the fact that I am pretty clueless about plumbing... so be nice to me! Hopefully someone can help. Have a tub shower that is basically the tub and a plastic piece around the walls. When we first moved in, it was not even caulked between the wall piece and the...

View more questions Search