Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2006, 07:03 PM
    It is true. The disease the cows get is call mastitis or maptitist or something like that. Long stringy strands of puss hang from their teets. In the early stages, they don't know the cow has it and it gets milked. Yep, cow pus! So, Got Milk?
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 19, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Yeah!
    There were big stries about in in the media here as well,as to the complete description of how the cows get this.
    Though, I push it to the back of my head.
    I'm lucky I had my morninf coffe (withit's milk) a hour ago!
    Millie
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Apr 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
    Personally I think too much emphasis is put on the contents of our food. Especially processed foods. It's pasteurised... sterilised... iradiated etc etc etc - and in the end mostly tasteless and insipid. Vegetables haven't tasted the same since those post-war years when father had his vegetable garden and a major job for us kids was chasing behind horses with a bucket and shovel for the dung to feed the plants.

Were we a special breed with some super-protection??

We were fed sandwiches of rendered pork and beef fat (dripping) from the roast meat. A pan of stew hadn't matured until it was 3 days old.

Being the eldest I can remember my siblings being breast fed (thankfully coming back into fashion) and being weaned at the dinner table by mother chewing her food and feeding them the mash on a tea spoon. All the body's natural antibodies being passed down. Who knows the contents of Baby Food?? I suppose it doesn't really matter after all the treatments it goes through.

Oh well --- progress (? ) I suppose
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Apr 28, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Hi, I used to love it when my mom would make this. It was ssssoooo good. Now I am deathly allergic to bananas so I am missing this greatly.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

May 16, 2006, 06:31 PM
    Just thinking back to my earlier post. Bread and Dripping - the fat of roast pork - only thing was - us kids could only have the white of the top - Dad got the dark brown jelly underneath for his "pack-up". Just had to smile at the times we let the knife scrape just a milimeter lower... Delicious!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Ahhh yes, is that not called a heart attack sandwich?
    Tim Los Angeles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 01:07 AM
    Orange, I still have banana and milk a couple times a week! My mother used to serve this to us when we were growing up. I'm now 57. It still brings back good memories. Sometimes there is nothing else I crave when I'm feeling sick. It can be very soothing and comforting.
    tkmaddux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
    My Mom served this to us when I was young, maybe 2-5 yrs old in the late '60's/ear;y '70's, and we called it just what it was... bananas milk and sugar. I have a touch of intestinal flu, and was thinking about it, so I wanted to see if it had any specific uses. I've determined it's just a comfort thing, and like many said, probably originated in depression times.
    2labsmom Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Oct 21, 2009, 06:44 AM

Hey your not alone, heck I thought my mom was the only one who did that. Bananas with sugar and milk was common, so was popcorn left over from the previous night with sugar or milk, or just broken up cookies with milk. Mom didn't like to buy cereal cause it was so expensive. I still eat these things today 25 years later
    DerJakl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Yes as I kid I ate this.
    sunshine089 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 09:45 AM
    My mom made this for me in the '90s, so it's still kicking. I just googled it because I just ate it and wondered if anyone else out there did... it seems pretty unusual.
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Apr 18, 2012, 02:45 PM
    OOOOOoooooohhhhh yeah!! My Mom did this for us and now every now and again for a treat I do this for my kids.Nope you are not weird or out to lunch on this one, unless of course I am too! LOL . In fact it was one of the ways my Mom could get me to "drink" milk... works for my kids too... the dislike of milk must be hereditary.
    jmvks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Yes! My mom used to give me that too! Never heard of anyone else but our family doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much sugar is in milk? [ 12 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar does an 8 ounce glass of milk provide?

Milk Production [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My females teets are getting big. She had puppies 5 months ago, and they had almost gone back to normal up until she went into estrus. They usually get bigger after a heat cycle then go back down. She was in heat about 4 weeks ago they never really...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

Cats and milk [ 2 Answers ]

In the 1950's I remember that we used to feed our pet cat milk or cream (if they were lucky) almost exclusively. That was thought to be what they ate, and we had several cats that lived for years on cow's milk. Now my cat won't touch milk and I read that cat's are generally lactose intolerant...

View more questions Search