Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pops8731 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
    PS3 Vs. Xbox 360
    So I can't decide on if I want to buy a 360 or ps3?
    Which one is better and worth the money?
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Jul 12, 2008, 07:32 PM
    I'm going to be a little biased because I have a 360, but I would pick that over the ps3. If you are looking for a bluray player though the ps3 is the way to go because it has the player plus a game system in one for the same price as just a bluray player. With the 360 you have to pay to play online games but the online is great and very user friendly. The ps3 online is free but not as beefed up as xbox live. The game library tends to be the same for both system and if a exclusive does come out the 360 is getting the better deal on those right now. Ps3 does have some good exclusives coming out but if you haven't been to the series' coming out on the ps3 than the exclusives really don't matter. It's just a matter of opinion though, I'd go to gamestop or walmart or something and try the demo displays out and see the game library and see which one fits your taste. If you happen to get 360 and live hit me up on the friends list Sumo Gnome and I'll show you around some games if I got them.
    pops8731 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Thanks And will do!
    Fiddlestfamily Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 07:43 PM
    360 has Xbox live but ps-3 only has better graphics.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Jul 24, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Xbox 360 for me also

however the PS3 is more value for money if you happen to have an HDTV you can take advantage of blu ray
    Christopher618 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
    PS3 only has better graphics? HAHA right. Right now the Ps3 is the only system out there that can even take your hd TV to the max of its ability and if you throw in the hdmi cord, well there's your graphics. But it has crisper sound also. PS3 online is also free and you never have to pay for it. To me PS3 is the way to go. Plus its bluetooth capable. So if you have a headset for your cell it will work for the PS3 also. Xbox is just plain. Like T.O. its more value. But like these guys I'm a Playstation person so I'm biased there. But the games for PS3 are huge. For example, MGS4, was the biggest game to come out thus far. As far as data and the game itself. But in any situatin go with what you like
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlestfamily
    360 has x-box live but ps-3 only has better graphics.
    A free online gaming service means nothing to you?

Blu-Ray capability?
    WolfsLoveRage Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
    I came here finding an answer to my own question. I am not sure if it is luck or a curse, but since I do not have money myself I have yet to buy a new game system and I even work at Game Stop. However, me helping answering your question may help me answer mine...

360 simply has more games right now and most likely always will have more. Much like the PS2 of last gen the 360 will be that, maybe not as beefed up as it's competitor, but there will be many more games for it as well as games made specifically for it will look excellent. The biggest problem I have with the 360 is the chance of getting the Red Rings of Death. Paying $300-$400 and having your expensive new toy crap out on you is a big deal. Although Microsoft does give you 2-3 years warranty on that particular problem, (And they supposedly fixed the problem as well.) there shouldn't be any need for that to begin with, just make it work. Also although you do have to pay for the online service I do know it is better than the PS3... how much better I am not sure though and $50-$60 extra a year to me is a game or another controller. So not only do you have to pay for cable generally $50 for decent connection a month, but $50 a year for the Live service plus $10-$15 extra per month if you play a MMORPG that charges you on Live... that adds up quickly. I have also witnessed games with bad circular scratches on it, most likely from moving the 360 while it is on. Common sense would tell you not to move it next time and perhaps the PS3 does the same thing but I have not witnessed those scratches however from PS3 games. Also the 360 sounds louder while it is running. But again look at the games. If however you already have a decent gaming PC (Which I do not.) the exclusive "console" library shrinks since a lot of those games goes to Windows.

PS3 on the other hand has free online but not as good, but still decent, supposedly has better power yet it is not tapping it yet and not sure when. Even the 360 has not tapped it's full power yet, neither will until the next generation comes. PS3 currently is not back wards compatible any more and if it is the selection is slow low it is ridiculous. Some may not care if they own a PS2 already as I do and a PS1, but what if it breaks and the P2s are done being sold new or used? Remember Dreamcast and N64? The games it has although some are great not all are and the library is much smaller... much much smaller than the 360 and although they obviously will grow, will never catch up. It also has a blue-ray player which in it self is expensive but you are now getting a great console plus blue-ray. My problem is however, I do not much care for movies and do not really care to see them in hi-depth... also I do not even own a TV yet that can do it.

So although I may help to answer your question, I am yet to get any closer to my answer which is unfortunate.
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Sep 13, 2008, 09:41 PM
    360... 1 reason

Fable II
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 14, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by theguywithnolife
    360...1 reason

Fable II

Ps3.. . 1 Reason

Metal Gear Solid.
    d00per Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Ps3 I think they're better cause people love them and the games I get are bloody cheap ps3 r so better grafics and stuff
    SaltyBob Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 10:05 PM

Not sure about the 360, but the ps3 doubles as a computer for surfing the web and email... you can even install Linux (if that's your thing). Although the PS3 is not backwards compatible any more, PS2's are incredibly cheap right now, and once you start playing the PS3, in a year are you really going to go back to the PS2 games?
    mamaloney Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2008, 06:43 PM

It's the only console that I would consider because l4d.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 02:24 PM

Left 4 Dead? The Zombie game? Or did you mean something else? I mean it looks good but there are many games like that.

Although it's an older thread I'd still say go for a PS3, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5 and Playstation Home!
    ahshiznits Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
    I have wasted the better part of my life reading forums but this is the first time that I decided to contribute to something. I think I have a pretty good perspective as I own a PS3 and Xbox 360.

To answer your question, I would have to say both are great values (but for different reasons).

Simply, I would buy an xbox 360 if you're a big gaming fan and I would buy a PS3 if you're a big video/media/gaming fan.

If I just wanted to play games, I would have to say the xbox 360 hands down. The Xbox live service is definitely worth the money. There are more games for it and there seems to be more exclusive titles as well.

I also love my PS3 but the online game (be if free) is not as smooth or intuitive. I really really enjoyed Metal Gear Solid but I'm not sure it it would be worth if for you to buy just that exclusive title... and ultimately, having a blueray player is nice if you like to watch HD movies.

so in short:
    Video Game/Online gaming fan ---> xbox 360
    Movies/Videos/Media/Games fan ---> PS3
    scottishdrunk23 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Guys stop being fanboys and look at the facts for a minute OK?
    I would have to go with the 360 because:
    A.its cheaper (no I'm not white trash)
    b.it has better games (while its an opinion everyone agrees with it)
    c.online has more servers but it does cost money (you get what you pay for)

But the reasons for a ps3 are:
    a.online is free
    b.has WAY better technical stuff (better memory, quiet fan, and better graphics)
    c.blu-ray (the movies are barely better than hd but the games are way better)

SO the basic summary is that the ps3 is a better system but it doesn't have as many games as the xbox to back it up.im not a fanboy of either so that's just my opinion.

Hope it helps!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 05:13 PM

Good summary that's for sure. I own a PS3 and will most likely also buy a 360 when I find one at a good price due to the larger selection of games but I still think PS3 will be better in the long run.

It's hardware is designed to handle much larger games and much better graphics than any current game even has... in short the full potential of the hardware has not been seen yet.
    hot cakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 411Help View Post
    A free online gaming service means nothing to you?

Blu-Ray capability?
    Is there any free xbox 360 game downloads
    hot cakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 01:34 AM

Is there any free xbox 360 downloads site available an were do I go
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Okay looks like we got a debate here.

Perosonal Opinion- I have an xbox 360. I love it, I love Halo 3 I am a fanatic. I also have an Optima DLP 28 foot (yes I said 28 foot) 720p projector downstairs. I have a 42" Vizio 720p upstairs. I use both to play my xbox but usually the projector. I personally like the 360.

As far as the TV goes- As someone stated earlier the PS3 can max out your T'V's potential but, only if your tv's got that potential to max out.
    The playstation 3 no doubtedley has better graphics and if you own a 1080p t.v then max the crap out of it and get the Ps3. You won't be dissapointed. But if you're playing on a 720p or even a 1080i why get a ps3. That's like a blind person buying a motocycle (useless)

As far as the system- Too close to call, its all personal prefernce. There will be arguments on both sdies about graphics, online game-play, games, cost, longevity etc...

Sit and think about what would be the most logical choice for YOUR SETUP!

Hope this helps!

p.s. For working at gamestop you should now Microsoft re-vamped their 360's hence the new box. They moved the hard drive a little farther away from the CPU so the processor doesn't overheat like it was doing causeing the red-rings of death. You know you have a new system if the box states it is a 20gb. The older models NEVER gave a hdisk capacity amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What game is the best for xbox 360 [ 16 Answers ]

Well I'm trying to beat out my friends because we have a little comp to see who has the best game so I was just wandering if anyone has any suggestions:D

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Xbox 360 2 red lights! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone I need an opinion on what I should do about my xbox. I have been getting 2 red lights over the last few days but I have been able to switch it off let it rest and put it back on. However I keep getting them now all the time and my xbox lasts only like 5 minutes. 2 red lights means that...

View more questions Search