Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Mar 29, 2006, 11:08 PM
    Hit me with your best shot!
    I am on a 80's music hunt. I have a pretty large selection of 80's music, but I'm sure that there are a few songs out there that I don't have yet. If you have a hot minute, just ramble off some groups, or song titles that I can look up so I can add to my collection of great 80's music. *****Every Genre is highly appreciated. Thanks, Cheers!
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Mar 29, 2006, 11:27 PM
    Love Missile F1-11 - Sigue Sigue Sputnik. Ex-wifes fave
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2006, 11:54 PM
    Bands only of the 80's or that played in the 80's as well as other decades?

Too much work for me to list all the impt songs, when in doubt yahoo/google it. Wikipedia has some helpful stuff

Abba (80's - winner takes it all, super trouper)
    Aerosmith (like 12 albums in the 80's)
    Alan parsons project (75-87ish)
    Eurythmics (sweet dreams, here comes the rain again, missionary man)
    Billy joel (albums: Glass Houses,Songs In The Attic, An Innocent Man, The Bridge, Storm Front)
    Billy idol (rebel yell, eyes wout a face, flesh for fantasy, don't need a gun sweet sixteen)
    Blondie (80 - the tide is high, rapture)
    Bob seger (against the wind, fire lake, her strut, like a rock, hollywood nights, night moves... )
    Bruce springsteen (hungry heart, born in the usa, cover me, tunnel of love, I'm going down, dancing in the dark, glory days)
    The clash

Is this what you're looking for. Do you mean just the synthesizer, over processed stuff, or just a list of artists and songs from the 80s?

Much more, but I don't want to post unless I know this is the angle you want.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 12:17 AM
    From the title of your question, I thought you were asking about Pat Benatar, LOL.

Some of my favorite 80s songs are:

Tears for Fears (Everbody Wants to Rule the World, Shout, Head Over Heels)
    Corey Hart (I Wear My Sunglasses at Night)
    Night Ranger (Sister Christian)
    Boston (More than a Feeling)
    Gary Human (Cars)
    REO Speedwagon (Take it on the Run)
    J Geils Band (Centerfold)
    Loverboy (Turn Me Loose)
    Devo (Whip It)
    Martha and the Muffins (Echo Beach)
    Madness (Our House)
    Barnes and Barnes (Fish Heads)

Also some other bands I like are Journey, Foreigner, Trooper, Chilliwack, Glass Tiger, The Thompson Twins, The Pet Shop Boys, Men without Hats, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode... I could go on and on actually. Man I love the music of the 80s!

But yeah as kp says there are different types of 80s music obviously. Like there was a lot of heavy metal in the 80s. Are you interested in that? Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Whitesnake... are heavy metal bands that come to mind.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 02:01 AM
    Belinda Carlise
    Cyndi Lauper
    Europe
    Tiffany
    Bucks Fizz
    Sister Sledge
    B 52's
    The Pretenders
    Starship
    Simple Minds
    Bananarama
    Rick Astley
    Gloria Gaynor
    Kool & the Gang
    Billie Idol
    Blondie
    Bonnie Tyler
    Soft Cell
    Human League
    Madness
    Culture Club
    Wham
    Phil Collins

If you want anymore just ask - music ismy thing - I would be a crap DJ ifI didn't know y music ;) - although I would have to say the 90's is my era
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 05:00 AM
    Here's some on the mellower end... :
    http://www.jackson8.com/music/index.html
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 05:34 AM
    I have a great collection of one-hit wonders from the 80's. I'm at work now but I'll do a directory listing for you when I get home.

Example: Driver's Seat - Sniff 'n The Tears
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 07:59 AM
    Some more. Again, not all great songs, but that’s relative to the listener. Most are at least well known.

Barnes & Barnes (fish heads)
    Adam ant (goody two shoes)
    Commodores (night shift, still)
    Devo (whip it)
    Tears for fears (shout, everybody want to rule the world, head over heels, mother's tongue)

Men at work (who can it be now, dr heckyll & mr jive, down under)
    Men without hats (safety dance)
    Midnight oil (beds are burning, dreamworld, dead heart)
    Bananarama
    David bowie (lets dance, modern love, china girl, blue jean,
    The cars (shake it up, since you're gone, heelo again, you might think, magic)
    Chicago (album 16)
    Toto (rosanna, africa)
    Elvis Costello
    The cure
    Def leppard (hysteria, pour some sugar on me, rocket, photograpgh, rock of ages)

Dexy’s midnight runners (com on eileen)

Dire straits (romeo & Juliet, so far away, money for nothing, brothers in arms, walk of life)

Foreigner (head games, urgent, juke box hero, waiting for a girl, I want to know what love is)

Peter Gabriel (biko, shock the monkey, sledgehammer, big time, in your eyes)

Journey (Any Way You Want It, Who's Cryin' Now, Don't Stop Believin', Open Arms, Separate Ways, Faithfully, Girl Can't Help It, I'll Be All right Without You)

Olivia newton john (magic, xanadu, physical, heart attack)
    E.L.O. (I’m alive, hold on tight, rock and roll is king)

Hall & oates (You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling, Kiss On My List, You Make My Dreams, Private Eyes, "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do), Did It In A Minute, Your Imagination, Maneater, One On One, Say It Isn't So, Adult Education, Out Of Touch, Method Of Modern Love, Everything Your Heart Desires)

The police (de do do do de da da da, don’t stand so close to me, invisible sun, every little thing she does, spirits in the material world, every breath you take, king of pain, Roxanne, wrapped around your finger, synchronicity II)

Kenny rogers (lady)

The pretenders (brass in pocket, back on the chain gang, my city was gone, middle of the road, don't get me wrong)

The romantics (what I like about you, talking in your sleep)

Rush (tom sawyer, subdivisions, new world man, distant early warning, big money, mystic rhythms)

I have so much more to go through! =P
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 08:27 AM
    In trying to go though my library, but its going take a long time.

If you are interested in hits and what was big, you can get some good idea at wikipedia.

If you type in, for example, 1981 in music you get the below link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_in_music

Tells you the albums released, the top albums and singles in UK/US. You need to scroll down through. Can get you searching and finding unexpected stuff.

Its been a really useful site when I'm looking for songs from an artist or a period... granted the pop stuff isn't necess the best stuff...

Bruce springsteen (born in the usa, dancing in the dark, cover me, in on fire, I'm going down, glory days, tunnel of love)

Squeeze (tempted)

Talking heads (once in a lifetime, burning down the house, and she was, wild wild life)

u2 (albums boy, war, October, unforgettablefire, Joshua tree, rattle & hum)

Van halen (cradle will rock, mean street, where have all the good times gone, pretty woman, dancing in the street, panama, jump, hot for teacher, California girls, van hagar stuff too)

Depeche mode (people are people, master and servant, personal jesus)

And on and on...
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Wow, there was a lot of great music in the 80s... I always knew I liked the 80s for music, but after reading everyone's posts it's even more apparent!
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 01:00 PM
    More

Edie brickell new bohemians (what I am, circle, like we do)

Eric Clapton (I can't stand it, its in the way that you use it, I've got a rock and roll heart, bad love, before you accuse me)

Fleetwood mac (think about me, hold me)

B 52s (rock lobster, love shack)

Stevie ray Vaughn (texas flood, pride and joy, love struck baby, testify, voodoo chile)

George thorogood (bad to the bone, gear jammer, I drink alone, you talk to much)

Styx (best of times, too much time on my hands, mr roboto)

Indigo girls (closer to fine, strange fire album, indigo girls album)

John Mellencamp (aint even done with the night, jack and Dianne, hurt so good, hand to hold on to, crumbling down, pink houses, authority song, small town, lonely ol night, rain on the scarecrow, rumbleseat, paper in fire, cherry bomb)

Prince (purple rain, when doves cry, lets go crazy, I would die for you, kiss)

Madonna (albums - madonna, like a virgin, true blue, like a prayer, you can dance)

Melissa etheridge (bring me some water, chrome plated heart, like I do, let me go, no souvenirs)

Queen (80 - another one bites the dust... might be a later release off a 79 album, dunno)

REM (radio free Europe, talk about the passion, fall on me, the one I love, it's the end of the world as we know it, pop song 89, orange crush)

Heart (what about love, never, these dreams, nothing at all)

Sting (if you love somebody set them free, Russians, fortress around your heart, we'll be together, be still my beating heart, Englishman in new york)

Tom petty (stop draggin my heart around, you got lucky, don't come around here no more, running down a dream, won't back down)

Zz top (pearl necklace, gimmie all your loving, sharp dressed man, legs, Velcro fly, sleeping bag)
    jstnvme Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Mar 30, 2006, 10:34 PM
    You all forgot about Wham! Thanks for all of your input for I will expand my horizons when it comes to a true 80's collection. Cheers!
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 11:22 PM
    Nuh-uh!

Our lovely and talented DJ 'H' had wham listed on the 1st page.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'

Belinda Carlise ....Wham...Phil Collins

If you want anymore just ask - music ismy thing - I would be a crap DJ ifI didn't know y music ;) - although I would have to say the 90's is my era

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Rabie shot for Dogs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of dogs that I inherited a couple of years ago. They had their rabies shots when given to me. Can anyone tell me how often are dogs suppose to receive these shots?

I need help on improving my handles and shot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to improve my handles and shot? My coach has me playing a 4 because I do not have handles! I am extremely fast and I am good at driving the lane. I would make a good 2 or 3, please give me your ideas. 1- What position do you play? I play a 2 or 3, my coach has me at 4 2-...

Rabie Shot reaction? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I'm...

View more questions Search