Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittensrus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Home ac unit
    Looks as if steam or smoke is blowing from vents of my window unit. Is this normal or should I discontinue use?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Sounds like the unit is operating at a very cold temperature at the evaporator coil.

This can happen under high moisture conditions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 ton or 5 ton unit for 1780 sq ft home [ 2 Answers ]

I was woundering which unit would be more efficient for cooling home in Tucson Az? I have a 1780 sq ft home, included is an addition of @ 280 sq ft that has no duct work for vents. Home is a made of brick with the exception of the addition, I also just had dual pane windows installed and home is...

Do I have the right size unit for my home? [ 1 Answers ]

I have A Confortmaker Central air and heat unit 50,000 BTU'S. I have 1900 SQ FT OF living space. From top to bottom, three of levels. I Finding that, When the temperature gets under 30 DEGREES, My Thermostat, doesn't reach above 68 Degrees on the second level and the third level, doesn't reach...

Replacement of electric unit with gas unit in mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Dec 27, 2006, 10:32 PM vcavina New Member Join Date: Dec 2006 Location: California Posts: 7 Electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home

Charging Home Unit [ 2 Answers ]

On the gages which I have, are three scales... One in Black PSI), one in Green for R-22, and one in red for R-12 refrigerant. It was suggested that I add refrigerant till the suction side (LP) is about 55-60 PSI and the Head pressure is 150-175 psi. I did this and the unit is 'cooling' however is...

Help with home a/c unit [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering if any one can help me? Our a/c system dose not cool like it should.I work on automobile a/c systems so I know a little about how a/c systems work. I am pretty sure the two systems are basically the same.Right or wrong? We just moved into the house about eight months ago and I just...

View more questions Search