Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bikergeek Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Can anyone identify this painting?
    Attached is a picture of a painting I acquired this morning at a garage sale. I love the painting but would love to know the artist. It appears that the artist has signed the painting in the crease of the dog's left leg. If anyone can identify this painting or the artist or both, I would be greatly appreciative! Thanks, Kem
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 08:07 AM
    I have that pic but it is packed away
    I will see if I can find anything and get back
    Berns Posts: 41, Reputation: 5

Jul 12, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I think its not a "famous" painter, but it could be a french artist, that kind of genre was common in the 50/60 last century (pobably even younger) there.

Is it a real painting or a poster of a print?

Regards berns
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Yeah it is from around the 50's cause I remember all the art from when I was around 4 and 5 years old

Jul 12, 2008, 01:15 PM
    So is it a real painting or a print/poster?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 01:18 PM
    It sure is cute!

Jul 12, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Wow! You all are great!!

I think it is a real painting. It doesn't look like a poster but I am no expert - in fact, I don't have a clue about how to tell what it actually is. I can probably take it out of the frame and tell more as to what it is.

Yes, it is cute - it kept drawing me back to it at the garage sale and it finally pulled me in completely until I bought it . :D

Thanks again,

Kem

Jul 12, 2008, 02:09 PM
    One more question, what exactly do you want to know about it? The artist`s name, the name of the painting itself..
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 02:39 PM
    If you have some local art galleries they will take a look a it for you. I have had luck with that...
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
    It is a print unless she has the original.
    Looks just like mine though

Jul 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
    I would like to know both - the artist and the name of the painting. Either would get me further than I am now. I doubt it is the original. Thanks again. Kem
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Since you have successfully posted an image of the entire work here, would it be possible for you to post a close-up image of the artist's signature? I have already saved your image and enhanced it, but am not able to make out a signature of any kind.

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Sure - I will try to do that this evening when I get home. Thanks.

Jul 16, 2008, 05:58 PM
    My camera won't allow me to get a good picture up close - well it may be me, not my camera, but I will send what I have. I'm afraid I don't think it will help. I can't even get the picture shrunk down and the signature look like anything but a blob. I'll see if I can find someone who can get a photo of this for me. Thanks all. Kem
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Please post an image of what you have of the signature. It's possible that I or someone else can edit it so that what the artist's signature is can be discerned. If you can get someone else to take the picture, that would also be helpful, especially if they are using a camera that is also designed to take pictures of things close-up.

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2008, 05:25 AM
    I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a bit, but I finally found it :)
    The artist`s name is Charles Burton Barber and the picture is named In Disgrace

Charles Burton Barber Art Prints, Art Posters

Have fun,
    Greetings from Vienna, bernie

Jul 17, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Thanks so much!! Wow - I really love all his pictures!! That is really awesome knowing who the painter is now! Thanks again!! Kem
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:21 PM
    That was really awesome that the correct identification happened, because there must be hundreds if not thousands of works of art concerning children and dogs as being the subjects of them!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 11:51 PM
    This pic is by the same artist, very similar to the one the OP has, it would be nice if you had the set;

Name:  SPQ870~Special-Pleader-Posters[1].jpg
Views: 358
Size:  11.4 KB

Jul 18, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Yes, that would be neat to have the set. Actually, I would love to have several of his pictures!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Identify painting -1955 Jesus [ 3 Answers ]

I removed a painting from a frame and behind it was another painting on thin paper. It is of Jesus with blood on His hands and looking up. It says on it: 1955, S.V.D.C.U. Can anyone identify hat this is?

Identify painting! [ 8 Answers ]

I need help identifying the artist and the origin of this painting. I have no ifnormation about it, but it seems to be very old. There are no signs and signatures on the painting as well as on the back side of it. Any information provided about the country of origin, the artist, the school and...

Identify [ 1 Answers ]

Can u tell me who the persons in the pics are?the man in the long red hat started something that has been increasing in popularity ever since its initiation! http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nk1t/album?.dir=/bb18scd

Trying to identify this painting! [ 4 Answers ]

Alrite, I know this is a long shot, but I am looking for a particular painting. Now, I can not tell you the name of the painting, nor the title, because I know neither, but I will try my best to descibe it. Basically, there are just a bunch of stairs. Some are closer, some farther away. This...

View more questions Search