Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claree123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Death of my boyfriend.
    On May 31st, a little over a month ago, my boyfriend commit suicide and my world fell completely apart. He was my best friend and the happiest person I knew. He got along with everyone and rarely did I ever catch him in a bad mood, which makes it so hard to comprehend why he did it.

The pain is still as real now as it was on day one and I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. It's hard because everyone seems to be moving on but my world is still stopped. This pain is unbearable. He doesn't leave my mind.

I replay the morning over and over in my head. I feel like I am watching a horror movie because I can see it all so clear. He had been found about ten minutes into his attempt and was rushed to the hospital. The long wait to hear how he was was agonizing and I can still see and hear the cop calling us all inside the house to tell us that he had been pronounced.

I don't know what to do with myself. I cry everyday. I feel like my heart is in pieces. My mom wants me to go to counseling, and I tried it but I really didn't like it. She is set on me getting back into reutine, but I don't think I'm ready for it. My friend lost her boyfriend nine months ago in a car accident and she helps me through a lot. It's comforting to know that someone else has been through this.

Any advice to make my heart whole again?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
    I would say your friend would be your best source for helping you because she is your friend and she knows what you are going through. Don't let anybody tell you how to mourn or not to or get on with your life because you have to deal with it in your own pace and your own way. They mean well but it doesn't really help.
    Pick one thing, one memory that really helps get you through. Like one week before my old boyfriend that I was just starting to get back together with died I had called him at work. He said he needed to get back to work and was hanging up the phone. Something made me yell wait and he put the phone back to his ear and said what. I said I love you. I never got to see him again. I think about how glad I was that I got to tell him that as the last thing I ever got to say to him.
    He is with you and sometimes you might even feel his presence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with the death of my boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I have lost my boyfriend three days ago and all I could do is to cry. It happened so sudden and feel life is not fair. He was found lying on the corridor of his house by his mum. We loved each other to bits and I feel without him life would never be the same. My family and friend are not around...

Can't cope with the death of my boyfriend. [ 19 Answers ]

It has been four days since I lost the love of my life. I loved him dearly and he knows that. But his death is a shock to me because I never expected him to be gone so soon and suddenly. Ever since I received the news my heart is torn apart and all I do is cry and I won't stop crying. His death...

Does sister's live-in boyfriend have squatters rights after her death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father left his house in a trust with me as his sole trustee. I am currently letting my sister live there, rent-free. Her-live-in boyfriend pays most of the utilities. After she dies, will he have any advverse possessions rights(squatter right)? Is there anything I should do to to protect...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search