Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juleighs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Reverse mortgage
    Hi Everybody,
    I am renting a house that is probate, the man died in December, he had a reverse mortgage on this house since 1994, he lived to be 99 years old, the original mortgage was brought by another bank, I need help in finding who bought the reverse mortgage, the son said it will go into foreclosure, he is no help to me, He would like to sell the house to me and make the profit, I pay a lot of money to live here which goes to the estate, he is in no hurry , because he is going to bank the rental fees for as long as possiable.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. The name of the bank that originally held the reverse mortgage is "transamerica homefirst"

Thanks
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. Sounds to me as though you may want to retain your own lawyer on this. You can do your own research in the deed record room in the county courthouse in which the property is located; but if you are not familiar with the books and indexes, it would be best to hire someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan, reverse blade w/ no reverse on remote [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a house and 1 fan is in reverse. I can't find a switch on the fan and there's no reverse on the remote. This is a Hampton Bay fan. The remote says it's model: UC7083T. I also thought there must be a trick with the remote.

Retired with a reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in a similar position but retired with a reverse mortgage on a cheap small house. I see no way at this point of even making my minimum payments on $80K (mostly from emergencies and medical problems, no luxuries). Does anyone know if I could lose my house because of these debts? The only money...

Reverse mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I know how reverse mortgage it works. But suppose the house is owned jointly by husband and wife. The husband is over 62. But the wife is not. What happens to the house if the husband dies. Since both names appear on the deed?

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Reverse mortgage and credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Fl. I got a reverse mortgage and got all of the equity out in one lump sum. The money is all gone now. 2 credit card companies are taking me to court. I did receive notice to appear. I talked to a bankruptcy attorney who told me that any equity from a home is considered non-exempt...

View more questions Search