Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    FORCE American's to learn another language in order to live here comfortably or, FORCE those who come here to learn English, in order to live here comfortably.
    Hello again, Prog:

So, you're afraid that signs won't be available in English?? Dude!

excon
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 09:07 AM
    What do the leftist elitists have to say? "Reid calls language proposal racist
    "Originally published 11:41 p.m. May 18, 2006, updated 12:00 a.m. May 19, 2006
    "Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid called a proposal to make English the official language "racist" on the Senate floor yesterday.
    "This amendment is racist. I think it's directed basically to people who speak Spanish," the Democrat said during the already tense debate over immigration reform.
    "Moments later, the Senate approved the measure on a 63-34 vote. Virtually all Republicans were joined by 11 Democrats to approve the largely symbolic amendment. Immediately following that vote, the Senate approved a second amendment, declaring on a 58-39 vote that English is the 'common and unifying language.'"
    Common Sense Americanism - Linked Article
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, Prog:

So, you're afraid that signs won't be available in English????? Dude!

excon
    I'm not afraid, it's already happening, but if you are still on the beach, your looking at signs in Spanish anyway, so you may not be aware of the situation in middle America.

I make a deposit at a U S Bank about 3 or 4 times a week.

As I pull up to the drive through window, there are 4 hanging signs for US customers to read.

All four are in Spanish.

No English translation, only in Spanish.

I asked the teller what they said.

She had no idea.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 09:26 AM
    1. He will have a lot of liberals very very mad at him
    Will that lose him votes or gain him votes??

But I think you could be right but the environmentalists will make it impossible as usual.

2. I remember at least a half a dozen times through the past three decades 'they' said we NEED an official language so why now.

I think you are right but again nothing will be dones.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 10:13 AM
    100% of the TEXANS speak english and the same percentage knows it is the official language of the nation.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
    There may be a huge influx of English-speaking immigrants to Texas if folks begin to experience Obama's world.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 12, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    In Oklahoma, 88% are in favor of such legislation.
    The Trail of Tears must be weeping once again.

Jul 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Nope; he couldn't begin to look his 'friends' (does he have any?) in the face if he went in this direction. I recall reading that 30 states have approved English as its official language; BO won't do that, but does that tell you anything about the man?
    Approved by "David Duke." Does that sound like a friend of yours, George?

Jul 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    100% of the TEXANS speak english and the same precentage knows it is the official language of the nation.

Hey y'all, in England they speak English.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 12, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Hi, Ex,

If I were a Mexican immigrant, I believe I would be offended at the patronizing attitude of some of you who think I'm not smart enough to learn the language of the country of my choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is It Possible To Make Accurate Predictions From Astrology? [ 31 Answers ]

Be great in fight, be glorious in defeat! For, astrology is a virtue to give you the light to live your life with wisdom. Seek help from it; do not depend on it blindly.

Birth chart - future predictions - do you believe? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Do you all believe in birth chart predictions? :confused: Did any predictions worked out for you guys?;) Please share your opinion... :D

10 Scary Predictions on Climate Crisis that Came True [ 8 Answers ]

Here are 10 scary predictions that actually did come true. (When the original predictor is known, it is included.) 1. The Earth will warm as more carbon dioxide is put into the atmosphere. (Svante Arrhenius, a Swedish chemist and one of the founders of the science of physical chemistry, in 1893)...

Fortune tellers predictions. [ 6 Answers ]

A fortune teller once said to me, that I will travel a lot, and will get married and have two boys. Well the only truth is that I married, the other two haven't happened. Another fortune teller told me that I :) would also have 2 boys. Does anybody believe in fortune tellers? Or did anybody get a...

View more questions Search