Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redsox533 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Probation and a job
    An individual is hired at a job while in a work release center and is placed on probation with the requirement to have a job. If this person is fired from their job, must the employer contact anyone legally? I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2006, 05:38 PM
    The person on probation is required by his agreement to be on probation to inform his probation officer as soon as he is fired.

Also the probation department will check on a regular basis that you are working where you are suppose to be.

It will be almost automatic to go to jail if you don't tell them and they find out. So if you want to stay out of jail, you go tell your probaton officer, and keep him updated on your job search. Most officers will understand, unless of course you got fired for drugs, fighting, stealing or just not showing up.

But no matter what, the only best thing to do is to inform the probation officer yourself, they finding out a month or two latter, will not go over well at all, and they may look for something to get you on after that.
    redsox533 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Thank you for the advice. I am actually the employer and am having a tough time finding out what I am legally required to do after I fire this individual. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Law [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has gotten the probation officer from hell and I should know because even I have been threatened by this woman and I am the supposed victim. He and I both want him to just fulfill the terms of his probation and get on with our lives but within ethical reason. My husband works between...

On probation [ 7 Answers ]

OK I've been placed on probation as of February 1st,2006 until Feb 1st,2009.I'm scheduled for a personal meeting with my student coordinator to set up classes and what not.the problem is it's out of state,I haven't spoken with anyone including my probation officer since January 18th.should I try to...

Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I was placed on probation for a year for grand theft under 3,000 in fees. Time is up oct. 15-06 I have not been able to pay any money but I have completed all community hrs. I was 2 months pregnant at the time and did not know it I had my child 6-13-06 he passed on 6-30-06 though I have not had...

Probation [ 3 Answers ]

I got a 5 yr sentence in harris county, Texas. I have done almost 3 yrs. What are the possibilites of getting off? I was charged with arson. Please give me some advise.

Probation [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is on probation for a misdemeanor violation (possession of marijuana). He has paid all fines, but has 24 hours of comminuty service to do. He has not done the community service yet because the county tells him when and where he can do community service. They have conveniently chosen a...

View more questions Search