Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yamigsxr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
    I was in a car accident and the owner of the car had no insurance.
    I don't know what to do... Help
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
    You take them to court and get a judgment against them
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
    You report the accident to your insurer. You may have uninsured motorist coverage. In either event your insurer will sue the other driver for reimbursement.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    You report the accident to your insurer. You may have uninsured motorist coverage. In either event your insurer will sue the other driver for reimbursement.
    As long as you have full coverage, this is the case.

If all you have is liability insurance, you should speak to an Attorney about suing for your damages, especially if you have any medical issues.

Also, has that fact been reported to the State?

Most states will revoke the drivers license and registration for the vehicle if involved in an accident without insurance.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Hopefully you had a police report on this accident. Then hopefully you had uninsured motorist coverage. If you did have uninsured coverage your insurance company will step in and pay your medical bills and sue the other driver for the bills. Was this a very serious accident with a lot of injuries on your part? If so, please contact a personal injury attorney and they will handle the details for you. Be sure to contact your insurance company and inform them about the accident as soon as possible.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Of course a lot still depends on whose fault it was too.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
    yamigsxr, you didn't mention a couple or more very important things 1) was the acc your fault or the other party's fault ? 2) Do you have insurance and if so, what kind, liability only, uninsured motorist bodily injury, uninsured motorist property damage, comprehensive & collision, medical payments? 3) what state did the accident occur in and what state do you live in and have insurance in? The proper answer can only be determined when that info is provided...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Car Accident W/o Insurance. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently in an accident and just got married and let my insurance lapse so I could get the discount of being a married person when I paid for it again. I was rearended by a woman and subsequently hit the car in front of me also. My car is basically totalled and I sustained a good...

2 car accident with no insurance [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me with this. My husband was in a car accident where he rearended a woman's vehicle while entering a highway. The woman went to the hospital. My husband was not injured but both cars received bad damage. We were surprised to find out that we did not have coverage...

Accident with out insurance on my name [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was driving my mechanics vehicle as my car was in repair with him. I have a valid license and my mechanic's vehicle which I am driving is also insured but It does not have insurance on my name . I have insurance on my own car. I just hit a car though I slammed the brake . It was raining...

View more questions Search