Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eanderson1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
    How to Gain Custody of My Grandchildren
    I have been caring for my two olest grandchidlren all of their lives.

My daughter had four other children by her now boyfriend.
    He manipulted my daughter to bring hismother into the home.

My two older grandchildren are being treated bad by her.
    The boyfriend does disgusting things around the grand children I'm
    Writing about.

My daughter has no sense of reality when it comes to the fact that
    They are being mistreated.

I've pleaded with her to let the two oldest grils go to school where I live.
    She refuses. She thinks that th boyfriend will be helping her out with
    The kids. He barely wants to change a diaper.

I've called CPS three years ago based on things the children and their mother rported abou this boyfriend. CPS dismissed that case saying charges were unfounded, Theyreturned the then two children back to thath ousehold.

My grand chilren are terified because the mother told them if they tell about what is going in the ouse, they'll be punished!!

I don't know what to do.

In the state of Maryland they almost always side with themother in child custody cases.
    I live in terror each and everyday that something awful will happen to them.

I want custody of the two oldest grandchildren. I figure if I start with them first,
    I will be able, over time, to ger the other four.

Can someone help me or give me some direction.
    If anything happens to them because I didn't take action, I will never forgive myself.

Grandma
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 11, 2008, 09:10 AM
    If CPS has investigated and found nothing, I doubt if you can make any headway. To get custody you first have to prove the mother unfit and the home environment dangerous. The only way you can do that is with a CPS investigation, which brings us around to the beginning.

I'm sorry is this is bad news for you, but those are the facts. If you still want to go ahead I suggest consulting a local Family Law attorney and see if they can offer suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandchildren in DHS Custody in Oklahoma [ 3 Answers ]

My grandchildren are currently in the custody of Oklahoma DHS because of alleged child abuse. They have been there since December 18th. My heart is aching for these kids as they have been stripped from our lives. Their presents still remain under the Christmas tree waiting for them. I filed for...

Trying to gain custody of my daughters. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a father of 2 beautiful girls ages 9 and 11. My exwife is currently "homeless" for the second time in 6 years. When I tried to get custody the first time I was told it was a bump in the road. I am debating whether to file a motion to gain custody for this second time, but being a male has it's...

Custody for my grandchildren [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a court date next month for I'm taking my son and his girlfriend there so I can go for custody of the children the ages are 13 month and 2 month old .Does anyone know how I would have to go about to prove unfit. They live with my daughter in a 3 bdrm trailer and she has her own family as...

How can my aunt gain custody of me? [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi, my name is Tasha and I am 14 years old. My life at home isn't so good.My aunt has invited me to come live with her in Houston Texas. What are the steps for her to gain custody of me? Also how would I go about getting a student visa ?

How can I gain custody of my sister? [ 3 Answers ]

Right now I'm trying to get a restraining order on my mother. We were living with my aunt and my mothers unstable attitude has rocked the house in disarray she has hit my aunt and cousin right now my aunt has a bruise on her eye. She has threatened me that she'll drag me out of the house to live...

View more questions Search