Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina1967 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Peeing on the floor
    Why does my mini dauchound pee when ever we go to put him outside.he will roll on his back and pee all over and its every time.
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jul 11, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Reaction to being excited. If it's ALL the time it's a nervous reaction. If only sometimes, then he really needs to be let out more often.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 07:31 AM
    I have noticed sometimes dogs will pee if they are overly excited or if they are really nervous. Does he like going outside or does he hate it?
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jul 11, 2008, 07:46 AM
    If this is excitement I'd like to take a quote from the Dog Whisperer *No Touch, No Talk, No Eye Contact* at least not until the dog is calm.

Jul 11, 2008, 07:47 AM
    He loves to be outside it just seems like he don't want to go and pees as soon as you say OK lets go. We have to trick him and act like we are going outside.we have 2 other dogs so it isn't like he is lonely
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Does he act like he needs to be with you other times? He could have separation anxiety
    Or he could just want a 'family outing' with you:rolleyes: ?

Jul 11, 2008, 08:02 AM
    He likes to be with me or my boyfriend, we don't leave him out long because our other dogs are much larger then him.he sleeps at the foot of the bed with us and when we get up we let all the dogs outside and he just pees on the floor because he won't go outside
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jul 11, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Small dogs are more prone to have nervous reactions than larger dogs. They have the "small dog syndrome" :)
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Maybe start letting him out first on his own and then let the others out when he is ready to come back in. It sounds like the big dogs could be making him nervous and making outside a negative experience for him

Jul 11, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Its not just in the morning, it is all day , every time we want him to go outside, even when the other dogs are in the house.I have tried pottying him by himself and I am so tired of wipeing up his pee.I am afraid that he is going to encourage our other dogs to pee in the house.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Submissive and Excitement Urination | The Humane Society of the United States

Here is a link that describes, submissive and excitement urination.

I rescued an abused dog that did that , when he peed, I would ignore it. Clean it up and toss the soiled paper towel outside. I never approached him face to face, I would always turn to my side... never hovering over him. I would never bend over and pick him up.
    He is a small dog as well so I would call him up on the sofa then put on his leash or sat on the floor and call him to me... that way we were about at the same level.

I was lucky to have a fenced yard so I would just go to the door and call him to go potty. Never harshly scold your dog or punish with your hand or another object.
    He should never fear coming to you.

You/he can overcome his problem... I have had my dog for a few years now and it is rare that he will submissively pee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a floating floor over existing parquet floor [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a condo and currently have 8" square oak parquet floors. The parquet is half an inch thick and glued down to the concrete subfloor (it is glued with a think black substance that I was told is tar). The flooring has been in the building for nearly 50 years and seems to be well intact...

Still peeing on the floor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old puppy and she is almost house broken but how do I keep her from peeing on my floor. My door is always open for her to go outside but she won't and I know that she knows the door is open because she goes out and lays in the sun. why won't she pee out side? I have tried all I...

Adult Trained Dog Peeing On Floor When Angry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of some advice! To better understand let me first give you her BRIEF HISTORY: Ema Lea is a 5yr old Basenji mix that I got from the pound about a year & a half ago. She is fully trained, spaid, and extremely smart. For the first month I had her I was able to leave her...

All of a Sudden-diarreah and peeing on the floor [ 4 Answers ]

We have had our cat for over a year and she has been perfectly potty trained from day one, but all of a sudden she has had diarreah. It is getting stuck in her tail and this morning I found a puddle of pee on the floor. She hasn't had any new food or done anything out of the ordinary. What could it...

Proper underlayment for vinyl floor starting at floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

What is the proper way to build up a floor to prepare for vinyl flooring? I'm building a mud-room in the garage attached to the house, 5' by 13' . Presently I have the joists installed and am ready for subfloor. I am planning to use 3/4" T&G UDL plywood, glued to joists with construction...

View more questions Search