Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jss307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Native american jewelry hallmark
    Hi... can anyone help me identify a native american jewelry hallmark of a crescent moon appearing just before R.. thanks! Jill
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Is it silver? Turquoise?
    Do you know if it is Navajo or what tribe?
    Did you buy it from a store? EBay?

It is really hard finding hallmarks without an idea where to start and also there are a lot of fakes too which makes it even harder to find.
    jss307 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Thank you so much for answering! The bracelet is sterling (marked 925) and has a turquoise stone. I am pretty sure it is not zuni, maybe navajo or hopi? The hallmark is clearly stamped with a crescent moon then a capital R... j
    Debra Tedford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 12:24 PM

Looking for Native American artist name with hallmark NN, sterling bracelet from New mex
    tbonekatz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 11:11 PM
    The crescent moon and R is the mark for Roderick Tenorio.
    suzyro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jss307 View Post
    hi...can anyone help me identify a native american jewelry hallmark of a crescent moon appearing just before R........? thanks! jill
    This is a line of jewelry sold on QVC - it is designed by Carolyn Pollack - the initials are actually CP above the crescent moon. Sometimes there is an R also - which stands for their company RELIOS. Roderick Tenorio's jewelry is actually hallmarked with RMT on his pieces. They are sold through QVC as well. I have several of these pieces and they are all great and well made.
    pbonano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
    The crescent-R stamp is indeed the stamp of Relios Jewelry.

To clarify some previous comments: while most of our jewelry IS NOT Native American designed, we do, however, work with some Native designers in a partnership where we manufacture and share their jewelry collections. We have a long-standing relationship with Roderick Tenorio, but we also have three new Native designers whose collections we will be unveiling later this spring.

If you have more questions, feel free to email me! link

--
    Pedro
    Marketing Asst.
    Relios Jewelry
    PattiRabbit Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2009, 02:02 PM

To add to the validity of above answers: I have a book that states that "RMT" is indeed the hallmark of Roderick Tenorio. The M is for his spouse Marilyn Tenorio. (p. 164, Hallmarks of the Southwest, by Barton Wrightk, edition 2, 1989 and 2000. ISBN: 0-7643-0989-7)
    ROLD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 02:50 PM
    So are you telling me that when a piece just has the moon and R it is not Rodericks work. I have boughten pieces on eBay that states that the piece is Roderick Tenorios but the only mark on it is the moon and the R. Please respond... bradon31

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying hallmark for a native american silversmith [ 9 Answers ]

Several months ago my wife bought a belt buckle at a garage sale. It is fairly ornate with two bear claws, three pieces of turquoise ranging in size from the size of my thumbnail to the size of my index fingernail and two pieces of red coral. My first assumption on the bear claws was that they...

Native American Jewelry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the history of Squash Blossom necklaces?

Several Native Amer. Pieces jewelry Hallmark info sought [ 3 Answers ]

I have two rings bearing the inscribed initials "KRB" which is circa '70's by unknown Navajo silversmith as far as I can tell, does anyone know more about this particular silversmith. Another ring bears the inscription "BY-LUCKY","4-79" Another Zuni ring bears the hallmark "R" and what is...

Native american art [ 1 Answers ]

All my sacred ways is a water color by Jonny Hawks is it worth any thing?

View more questions Search