Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bianne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 04:26 PM
    cartialge piercing pain
    can I start with, oh my god. I had mine done 5 days ago and the pain for me is unbearable. I am not writing this to scare anyone, I just need help straight away! When I had it pierced with the needle it hardly hurt and after didn't hurt much and wasn't too bad for a couple of days. I'm one of them REALLLY stupid girls and after 2 days I took it out to see the hole and to clean it properly because I can't get to it (its a very random piercing as close to my head as you can go in the cartilage). I was in great pain and crying my eyes out, I couldn't breathe either. Then I couldn't get it back in and the back had soon healed in 15 minutes or so. I had to shove the needle back and kind of re-pierce it. Ever since I can't even go outside for long because the wind hurts it. Half of my ear is too sore to touch, not to mention the actual piercing. When I put my hair behind my ears I continually bang it, and every time I bathe it I cry. If I touch it I was honestly scream and whale. I can twist it from the back, it hurts but I can bear it, but I cannot twist it from the front. When I step and the stud shakes it hurts me so I can't really walk anywhere. Its red, burning and very swollen, but not bleeding and has no puss or anything. If I move the stud in any direction in the hole it hurts when moving it about half a mm, from both the back and the front. I have never had such bad pain in my life. I do bathe it, even though like I said earlier its VERY painful and I cry a lot, it makes me feel sick too. I use warm salt water. When it isn't touched and my hair is back I don't remember it is there. I can't lie on it at all. Is this normal or what? I have only had it done for 6 days so is it like this for a little longer? How long should it be like this? Should I take it out and let it heal (OUCHHHHH :'(!! )? Should I go the doctors and have it checked out? HEEEEELP!x:(
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jul 12, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Go to the hospital, it's likely that you have an infection of some sort, as the cartilage is prone to that. I don't want to scare you, but most people that get their cartilage pierced don't experience such things. You should get a tetanus shot and then remove and clean the area.
    xrawritsmelissa Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Yeah I agree with alwayswriting. You should go to the hospital/doctor or go to the shop you got it done at. I would personally go to the shop because at the doctors they'll lecture you about stuff you really shouldn't have to worry about THAT much. I just went back to the shop I had my industrial done at the other day and they had to take it out and put a ring in the bottom hole because the top was infected. So yeah you should stop by the shop or a doctor and get it checked out.
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Try the wonderful Ibuprofen, anti-bacterial salve, and a band-ade to limit bumping. Also, go and see your piercer. Odds are its just highly irritated, since you don't feel it when its not touched. I have very sensitive ears, and I've just got my snug pierced, which is one of the worst healing piercings, and this is what I do to help mine. The less you mess with it, the better for your piercing.
    So, try having a cup you can fit your ear into, and fill with very warm water (not to burning temperatures) and sit your ear in it. The heat should help to sooth, and clean your ear.

If pain persists, go to your doctor. They could prescribe an anti-biotic or salve to help.
    Also, if you ever get another ear piercing DO NOT take out the piercing again, until the recommended time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial Piercing Pain [ 7 Answers ]

I want to get an industrial done, I've had my cartilage pierced... does it hurt the same or does the industrial hurt more?

Reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any kind of pain medication I can use to reduce the pain of my cartilage piercing? It hurts to sleep on, its like someone is slamming a hammer into my ear when I try to lay on it. I don't want to take it out, its not infected at all. It just hurts like crazy when I try to touch it. When...

When will cartilage piercing pain go away? Can I eventually sleep on my side? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi I recently have had my cartilage pierced on my right ear only and it does not hurt at all right now and most of the time it doesn't hurt at all but it is sore when I touch it and it is too painful to spin the studs so I just leave them alone and try to clean them as much as I can with the...

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Piercing of cartridge pain [ 4 Answers ]

I got my ear cartridge pierced 2 days ago and I've read in sites that there should be no pain after 2 days , but when I sleep on it or when I clean it and twist it around it still hurts , but there's no redness or swelling, when will the pain go away?

View more questions Search