Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fia Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Got dandruff
    Hi!
    Can anybody tell me some remedy for.. I got a lot of dandruff in my hairs plus in scalp too... my hair are dry... please tell me something that helpss... thanx
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Dandruff shampoo works for most folk, have you tried it?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
    Dandruff particles are visible flakes of skin that have been continuously shed from the scalp. It is normal to shed some dead skin flakes as the skin is constantly renewing itself. The new cells form in the lower layers. They are gradually pushed to the surface as more new cells form beneath them. By the time they reach the surface, the cells have become flat and overlap each other roof tiles. By then, these cells are dead and are shed from the surface all the time. They are so small that we do not notice this is happening. With dandruff, this whole process of skin renewal (or skin turnover) speeds up, so a greater number of dead cells are being shed. Also, the cells are shed in clumps, which are big enough to be seen with the naked eye as embarrassing flakes, especially when they land on dark clothing. The scalp may also feel slightly itchy.

Here are some factors that promote dandruff:

1. Cold, dry weather. Dandruff is much more common in the winter where the weather outside is frightful, but the dry indoor heating is even more frightful.

2. Bad hygienic habits. Infrequent shampooing, harsh shampoos, use of the wrong conditioners, and improper rinsing can all contribute to dandruff.

3. Too frequent coloring of the hair. Coloring and all the heat-related torture that women undergo in beauty parlors certainly do not promote a healthy scalp.

4. Long-term stress and anxiety. This is a low-probability cause of dandruff but it can't be ruled out.

5. Bad diet. A diet rich in saturated fats and trans-fatty oils causes the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum - the delicacy that P. ovale, as well as other flora, thrive on.

6. Hormonal changes. These changes, especially in a woman's body, can accelerate skin cell cycling.

You can try using Head & Shoulders , Neutrogena T/Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo or Pantene Pro-V Dandruff Formula to get rid of the dandruff.

Apr 14, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Thanks pretty I will try these thanks for the information..
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Apr 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
    The only thing that I have tried that has helped me is "Head and Shoulders" it seems to help
    michele1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Hi!

I had the same problem with dandruff and hair loss too... It was pretty bad, I was ashamed to go out. Then I tried H3 Revitalizing shampoo from aslaskin, which contains Extracts from Burdock, Horse Tail, Birch Tree, Rosemary, Common Sage for regular use. After seeing the effects I tried H2 Regenerating Hair Lotion with Vitamin C that nourishes and strengthens the hair. I really was amazed by the effects... maybe it works for you too http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductDescr...&From=/h3.aspx

Apr 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Hi michele,
    Thanks I will try this... and then tell thanks a lot...
    fia,
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 19, 2006, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fia
    thanx pretty i will try these thanx 4 the information..
    yeah head and shoulder is the best ( actually it is zinc that help)... I experiment with at least 7 different products and only head n shoulder work best...
    Mrspeel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Sweet almond oil massaged into the scalp is great once otr twice a week.;)
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Apr 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Hair care products like anti dandruff shampoo are not good for the scalp. They only mask the dandruff and never heal it. So long as you use the product it works, once you quit, you see the problem remains. Focus on healing the problem. Often food and product allergies can be the source. Try homeopathic remedies before one prescribed by a physician. A doctor will only give you something to mask the problem.
    We would advise our salon clients to consult a homeopathic therapist.

Hypatia
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 24, 2006, 10:28 PM
    Dandruff can usually be controlled. Mild cases may need nothing more than daily shampooing with a gentle cleanser. And stubborn flakes often respond to anti-dandruff shampoos. Most cases of dandruff don't require a doctor's care. But if you're still scratching your head after several weeks of experimenting with over-the-counter dandruff shampoos or if your scalp becomes red or inflamed, see your doctor or dermatologist. You may have seborrheic dermatitis or another condition that resembles dandruff. Most often, your doctor can diagnose the problem simply by looking at your hair and scalp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search