Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    P_R_1004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Can you change an employee from salaried to hourly in the middle of the year?
    Please help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R_1004
    Please help!

Sure - as long as you aren't in violation of an employment contract or there's no Union involved.

Lots of employees were changed when the new regs concerning overtime went into effect.

Payroll restructuring is not all that unusual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change salary employee to hourly due to lack of funds. [ 7 Answers ]

If you have a signed contract for a set salary, can you tell employee you want to pay them hourly due to lake of money coming into the companey?

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

Hourly rate of a salaried employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12... HELP I can't figure out the math... :eek:

Salaried vs hourly [ 1 Answers ]

My question regarding wages. If one is on salary, (set wages), then does that employee also get paid for any sick time? Or is that left up to the discretions of the employer? If an employee is on an hourly then I presume sick time is deducted.

View more questions Search