Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adrianconner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 02:48 AM
    Win 98se back to win 98
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to backout an installation of win 98se.

A friend of mine installed a USB hub on his win 98 machine and when asked for the drivers he inserted a win 98se disk and the machine tried to go through the upgrade procedure.

At some point this upgrade has failed but ever since he has lost all use of his USB devices.

Any ideas appreciated.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2007, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianconner
    Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to backout an installation of win 98se.

A friend of mine installed a USB hub on his win 98 machine and when asked for the drivers he inserted a win 98se disk and the machine tried to go through the upgrade procedure.

At some point this upgrade has failed but ever since he has lost all use of his USB devices.

Any ideas appreciated.
    Hi am eric bootable cd win 98 that you inserted not for that. You have to get the driver of the motherboard you are using I mean the CD that came with your system when you bought it newly. And if is fearly use you have to cheek the configuration of the system to further the solving of the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 98SE Installation Sequence [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Forum, After a fresh installation of Windows 98SE from the factory Disk, what is the order of driver installs? Is it... A. Motherboard Chipset Video Card Monitor B. Motherboard Chipset

98SE/2000 Dual Boot [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking about making my AMD, 333MHz, IBM Aptiva a dual boot machine. 98SE/2000 Specs. 144 MB Ram 6GB Hard Drive Will my computer handle it?. How much disk space does 2000 need? Should I download a boot manager? Does Windows 2000 come with a dual-boot menu? What does file system...

Scan disk for Windows 98SE [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to use the scan disk but it doesn't work. It says there isn't enough memory, or close down programs. I don't understand. My computer says there is about 70% of free space left, and I close down the programs before trying to use the scan disk. In fact before I never had any...

Loading windows 98se [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am tying to load windows 98se after I fdisk and format the PC. The cd loads and starts installing 98se but it gets to a certain point and the PC goes to a blue screen and stops installing. I thought it was the hard drive so I put a new one in and it did the same thing

View more questions Search