Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flower1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 12:43 AM
    Deposit
    Refundable deposit is classified as liability or not?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Yes, it is a liability.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Yep, liability.

It is unearned revenue.

Most likely a current liability to be precise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Savings deposit [ 3 Answers ]

You deposited $1,000 in a savings account that pays 8 percent interest, compounded quarterly, planning to use it to finish your last year in college. Eighteen months later, you decide to go to the Rocky Mountains to become a ski instructor rather than continue in school, so you close out your...

Deposit Increase for Pet [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I rent a unit on a month-to-month lease. I was given a very beautiful puppy for my birthday by my fiancé. We had previously spoken to our property managers regarding possibly getting a pet "one day" and they said their new leases now allowed for small dogs - we have not seen or signed...

Deposit [ 6 Answers ]

In Pa. does a landlord have to put deposit in a escrow account. I have looked it up and think they have to. My landlord is taking me to court 6/26/06 because I didn't meet his standard of keeping house. I have a list of repairs that he hasn't done. I paid a months rent and deposit 11/01/05 and...

Deposit help [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into an apartment in 11/2004 and paid a $600.00 deposit. I gave my 30day notice and moved out on 01/06. No one was available to do a walk through with me due to the holiday weekend. I am now getting a letter in the mail that I owe 300.00 and they are keeping my deposit. I tried to talk...

For Deposit Only [ 2 Answers ]

If, along with proper endorsement, a check is marked "For Deposit Only", can the check be cashed, or does it have to be deposited into some type of suitable account? Additionally, if the check is marked "For Deposit Only To #####", can it be deposited in any other account than the one specified?

View more questions Search