Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Men don't like to cuddle
    I just read this article called the biggest sex mistakes people make (read the whole thing at msnbc.com and type the title in). One that irked me was about it being said that men don't want to cuddle after sex.

My question is this : do men really hate to cuddle THAT bad I mean if you just had sex with someone you love is a litle cuddling too much to ask?

If this is true then that settles it I'm a lesbian I'm through with men .
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Nothing applies to every individual.

I LOVE to cuddle, before, after, in between, it doesn't matter.

I have trouble even falling asleep if we are not "spooning" our way to dreamland.

Don't give up on us yet!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 09:35 AM
    It depends on what TYPE of guy you get.
    Generally
    Many of the more self centered type guys forget it ---no cuddling.
    Clingy, needy guys most willing to cuddle.
    Then you have a wide range in between.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Like was mentioned. Its not true for all guys. Just the type you really want to avoid for other reasons as well.
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Lol @ progunr I just was wondering were there any cuddlers like myself out there
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Neither my husband nor I were interested in cuddling, but we always slept in spoon position which brought us both happiness and closeness.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
    My husband loves to cuddle. Sometimes he gets upset because when we are done, I just get up and go to the bathroom to clean myself and he wanted to cuddle. No man is the same as every other man. I try to explain this to a woman I work with. Just because you've been with a lot of duds doesn't mean they are all duds. Once you find the one... you'll know... that's all there is to it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
    *I* am not a cuddler. I have so much energy after sex that the LAST thing I want to do is cuddle.

My husband is more cuddly than I am, so I will cuddle with him occasionally if he asks me to, but on my own, I'd rather cuddle WITHOUT sex being involved at all.
    Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
    I deleted EVERYTHING relating to replies to deleted posts---which stemmed from me deleting a post from a 16 year old.

Carry on, please.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 01:02 PM
    OHHHHHH! I see now.

Yes, carry on.

(Thanks Synnen :))
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
    OK synnen thanks for clearing that up... anyway moving on : could it be just young guys(20s) don't like cuddle more so than older men?

Oh one more thing synnen are underage people not allowed to post on the adult sexuality forum?
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jul 10, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Sometimes the younger you are the less good advice you give. No offense to young people as I happen to be one, it's just from lack of life experiences and maturity. I am not trying to say they haven't had life experiences, but some have more and some have less. It's just how it is. And that 16 year old girl that posted obviously had a rather inmature answer. Technically she wasn't even answering the question.

Anyway, a lot of young guys might not like to cuddle simply because they might think it demasculinates ( if that's a word) them. They might find that they have to be hard-a@@ and all macho for their woman... especially since he just showed off in the bedroom. And also, the best time to bring up the lack of cuddling is not right after the deed is done. Just accept that he doesn't cuddle and be happy you just got-it-on... don't say anything. Then, maybe later that day or another day when you guys haven't done anything sexual, have a discussion with him about it. Tell him how it makes you feel and things like that.

If you tell him right after sex then he will be more apt to take it offensively and as a shot at him personally. Plus, with no blood in the brain, it's a little hard to listen (lol).
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:03 PM
    I'll admit, I'm not really a cuddler... because most of the time, during post game, I'm usually hot, sweaty, and tired... and I just want to relax. Regardless, I'll compromise. I'll spoon.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I hate the get up and run off guy, like you were only on penciled in the appointment book.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:07 PM
    <--- NOT a run off guy.

However, I'll admit... if she's a girl I like, of course I'd love to sit around and be near her.

... drunken one nighters... are a diff story.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:10 PM
    yeah forget them one nighters I don't know how they do it.
    Really I don't want to know how they do it!

My x husband would always run off and I always felt like his friends were more important.
    Killed any and all romance
    Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Well, there's a difference in a long term relationship and a booty-call, obviously.

Like I said... I am not a cuddler. I'd rather get up and go DO something after sex--I just have a TON of energy!

Cuddling is for watching movies and sunsets and falling asleep together and stuff, not after sex when I'm sweaty and completely energized!

And... I'm betting quite a few guys feel the same way.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
    ... I don't think I know any guy feels "energized" post game.

.. we're drained.
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Sneeze why not cuddle as you take a nap... im more of a cuddle sleep kind of gal I like to spoon whilst I sleep which is probably why I still sleep with my cabbage patch doll at 26 lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Spooning, I'm all for it.

But... cuddling in the sense where I have to put my arms around her and she's sleeping on my chest/arm/shoulder...

... I just get very hot easily... and I also like to sleep alone... so yeah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

Don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

Well I've liked this guy for over an year me and him was tlkin but we isn't n-e more wolla go he said he just wanted to be friends but id do n-e thing for him I've done fell head over heals for this boy and I dontknwo what to do

I don't know what to do! [ 14 Answers ]

O.K. Here's my problem. There is this girl I like at school. She knows this because my idiot friend told her.She sits near me on the bus so that only made things awkward. Were friends, but I don't know if she wants more than that, like I do. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Want out and don't know what to do [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am in love with a married man and we been together for a while and I do love him but I am tried of excuses.

Cuddle up [ 7 Answers ]

I justgot a new girlfriend about 1 month ago. I'm really scared to put my arm around her. Do you think now is the right time. Or what movement should I make 2 make her like me more

View more questions Search