Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CT76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2003, 08:58 AM
    Squeaky floor
    How can I stop a kitchen floor from squeaking? We have the carpet up, so can work on the subfloor.
    bushbob Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2003, 01:44 AM
    Squeaky floor
    Renail the floor using ring nails. Make sure you get the nails in the joists. Use lots as they are cheap. Watch for old loose nails and remove them or pound them down.
    GLEIGHVAH Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Or screw it off into the floor joists
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Feb 10, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Its not enough to just nail or screw the floor you've got to find the joists and with the carpet up it will be easy to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Squeaky dryer [ 6 Answers ]

We have a dryer that is obnoxiously squeaking every time that the drumb spins... first off I don't know what is wrong with it... second we would like to fix it... but my big question is it safe to use in the mean time?? Lastnight I hung all my wet clothes in the garage and guess what?? Yep... they...

Squeaky stairs [ 8 Answers ]

I have some stairs that squeak really badly, any suggestions on how to fix them? Thanks

Squeaky AC motor [ 1 Answers ]

A chirping noise is coming from my AC unit. I think it is coming from the fan motor. The squeaky chirping noise (sounds like a cricket) kind on cycles so that during a cooling cycle, the fan will go from making no unusual noise to this squeaky chirping noise and then back to no noise again. Do you...

View more questions Search