Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabier1992 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Tongue piercing with braces
    I have braces and I want to get my tongue pierced the only thing Im worried about really is me gaging.:eek:.. when they dry my tongue and does puss come out even if its not infected and does it taste bad if so... and on a scale of 1-10 how bad does it hurt oh and I know how to take care of it but can I have some helpful tips... :D
    Thanks
    Finally 16 Tabitha
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I have one helpful tip, one only. And for those that are "reddie crazy" please, spare me. Wait until you are out of braces, and if you still want the piercing then I say go for it. But I doubt you will. Do you enjoy tons of metal in your mouth? Because I would say that you currently have enough, and that are doing something helpful not harmful.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Actually, I'm sorry, I do have another tip. Please do not post your full name online, it's really not safe.

Jul 9, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Thank you for the tips... I was thinking about getting it done before my dad got out of prison I live with my mom. I don't really like medal on my teeth but I think I would like the piercing but your tips are helpful I think I might wait but Im still going to think about it. Thanks

Jul 9, 2008, 09:07 PM
    I still want some other FACTS
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Tongue rings are very wearing on the enamel of you teeth, which is not very healthy, especially when you have braces. Your teeth need to stay strong and lively while you have braces on, so I agree with the answers you have already gotten -- wait for the tongue piercing.

Tongue rings have also been known to sometimes break braces depending on how much you play with the barbell. This is not good because braces are very expensive to get, and expensive to fix as well.

Jul 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Thank you also... what if I get a plastic barbell
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Plastic barbells are less traumatizing on your teeth, but nevertheless they do still wear your teeth enamel. Plastic barbells are also not very sanitary. They are pourous, which allows them to absorb bacteria and other nasty things.

Jul 9, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Oh okay thanks that helps and you are an expert right... ive been waiting on you to answer my ? Lol thanks
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:35 PM
    You're welcome :)
    blair2140 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 08:24 PM

Don't get it with braces. But its hurts about a 6
    memo1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2012, 10:09 AM
    MY TIP WITH BRACES: I just got my tongue priced yesterday and it was a 5 for me on the hurting part yes I do have braces. When u have braces u have to take more care of it rinse with water for about 7 days after u eat. Mouth wash is a good idea for morning and night!when u brush your teeth try not to hit or brush you tongue because of the pricing. Try to stay away from solid foods because it can hurt the healing tongue pricing. To help the swelling use ice do not suck on it just let it melt use small pieces of ice!
    Mobn916 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
    Ihave braces && iGot uh plastic barbell just keep it clean && your good also it doesn't mess up your teeth mine are prefectly fine .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: Ok, so I have been trying to convince my mom that I should get a Tongue Ring, and i don't know how to convince her. If any one has any ideas, please let me know! ~Thanks:confused:

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Tongue Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 16 years old, and i want to get my tongue pierced. I have been asking alot of people how bad it hurt, and they just say "no piercing it doesnt, but the after care and swelling does." Honestly, Im not worried about the aftercare, but i am extremely afraid of needles, so the actual piercing...

Tongue Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I want to ask if the tongue piercing causes cancer!

Tongue piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get my tongue pierced and was wondering if there is any thing that I need to do to prepare for it, and can they deny you a piercing if your tongue is too short?:o

View more questions Search